Install Question

jrock21

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 19, 2004
Hey guys, this is my first post and I wanted to say this is a great site. I have an installation appointment for this Saturday and had a couple of questions. What cables did they use to connect your receiver to your TV? I will have an 811 connected to a new HDTV with component and DVI inputs. Is there any chance Dish will use either of these to connect to my TV?

I just edited the post because I forgot to mention I will be having an 811 connected to a new HDTV.

jrock21 said:
I just edited the post because I forgot to mention I will be having an 811 connected to a new HDTV.

The 811 includes a decent component cable. If you want to connect via DVI you'll need to provide your own. If you decide to go with DVI don't overpay for a cable (like Monster). You can get a good quality cable off Ebay for less than $20 delivered.

NightRyder

You'll find mixed opinions on DVI vs component. Most seem to agree that component is good for CRT based tv's, and DVI is good for plasma or lcd based tv's. The SD picture quality (or lack thereof) can be really noticible on larger tv's, so be prepared for that. In the end, just go with what you think looks best.

jumpy ota

720/1080 Button-Pushing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts