install question

grim_reaper

SatelliteGuys Family
Apr 22, 2016
at my pc
Seems to me that, if you credit qualify, signing up under the DHA 24 Price Guarantee promo would make more sense than the route you are taking. Factoring in the upfront costs you're paying and the lack of monthly discounts on the Flex promo, I'd bet that any Early Termination Fee you might pay under the DHA24 promo would be well less than what you are planning to spend.
true but i don't think that dish would do an install on a boat :eeek. my credit score is in the 800s so yes i would more than qualify for the freebies and goodies and all that

grim_reaper

SatelliteGuys Family
Apr 22, 2016
at my pc
I've not seen an ad for a Hopper under flex pay.
Only Vips.
So I was just curious.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
it's a hidden secret with dish.. they will let you have what ever equipment on your account you just have to call and tell them what you want and wait for the shell shocker the price qoute:biggrin. i have friends in rv's that have the hoppers and the hopper 3 on a flex pay program. you would be surprized how many people say that the hoppers and hopper 3 will not work in an rv:rolleyes.. but you are right about never seeing a hopper under the flex pay program as dish mainly uses the dome style dishes and a el cheapo receiver like the 211z 211k or the wally box by doing that also i think there trying to keep the price down as much as possible and to a price point as well..

Ziptied

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 16, 2011
West coast
true but i don't think that dish would do an install on a boat :eeek. my credit score is in the 800s so yes i would more than qualify for the freebies and goodies and all that

Your OP was inquiring about what your install would include and would DISH do a boat or Non-Pen dockside install. The answers to those questions would be the same regardless of the promotion you chose to activate under. As far as the install question goes, DISH installers will not do a boat install and will not likely do a dockside install either. You'll need to go through a local retailer/installer to get that done. I've done several Dockside installs in the Delta and at area lakes over the years so it can be done.

grim_reaper

SatelliteGuys Family
Apr 22, 2016
at my pc
Your OP was inquiring about what your install would include and would DISH do a boat or Non-Pen dockside install. The answers to those questions would be the same regardless of the promotion you chose to activate under. As far as the install question goes, DISH installers will not do a boat install and will not likely do a dockside install either. You'll need to go through a local retailer/installer to get that done. I've done several Dockside installs in the Delta and at area lakes over the years so it can be done.
i belive the install will include 100 FT of RG6 cable the node for the joey and the inital setup of the hopper 3 and 4k joey and programming of the remotes to the t.v.s. i won't be using a sled since i got permission to drill holes. my guess would be that the sled would not be included in the cost!!! and there gonna teach me how to run the hopper and make sure it's working and that i know how to run it.. i am also sure that they will hook it up to my surround sound system. i know they will call in and have me pick a package and activate the units to make sure the unit is in working order and that i'm getting all of the channels that i am suppossed to.. as i found someone to do the install for 199 and not 300 bucks because i didn't buy it from them!!! and it will include the dish and the hybrid LNB

when speaking with josh from solid signal and weighing out my options and going through the pros and cons of each provider though he did try pushing TWC on me and told me it would be a better deal... i will agree with him on that.. but TWC'S DVR'S suck there slow and laggy and they freeze up.. and there PQ isn't the best either it breaks up and theres alot of pixelization!!!

grim_reaper

SatelliteGuys Family
Apr 22, 2016
at my pc
TWC on a boat?
i would just use my friends account from TWC and download the free wifi finder and goto there webpage and click on watch tv and choose what i want to watch. been there done that the picture breaks up and theres pixelization and it also keeps buffering even with a 300 mbps connection.. i think it's something in there page

WiCkeDuDe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 16, 2005
Utah
Clearly the OP is paying MORE for the principal of not having a contract, which I would agree with except it does work out to being LESS money out with the current credit qualifying: The OP's route is MORE expensive. Now, add to that if he is stuck with Dish H3 and whatever boxes. It's going to cost him at least a little money to sell the Dish boxes even at ebay or just have to take a little less than he paid if on Craig's. If people can find it cheaper on line or on ebay, people aren't going to pay the OP so that he is whole. It will be a net LOSS as opposed to the credit qualifying proms EVEN IF HE PAY ETF!!! (as the OP loves triple exclamation marks !!!).

Since the only reason cited by the OP was not wanting to have a contract (presuming he has qualifying credit), then this is a prefect example of a personal desire (no contract) costing him MORE money that otherwise the case. That makes no sense!!! Yeah, if someone has a Dish ready residence or get the equipment for free or a super cheap price, and then they pay a local retailer for the install, then YEAH, going Flex or month to month with no contract can make sense. The whole point of the credit qualifying 12 or 24 month price lock (and the OP get NO PRICE lock on Flex?) is that it is LESS expensive than people paying for all the parts and labor themselves. Yes, you are on contract, but in this case taking into account all his costs that he cited, even if he pays the ETF, his is out LESS money than the way he wants to do it just to avoid a contract.

This is probably why something like 80+% of new small or personal businesses fail in the US each year. No business sense, or more accurately bad business decisions such as pursuing the MORE expensive, COSTLY path for some odd personal view when taking the contract, better business route is bottom line CHEAPER!!! The same people who buy the "special" of 2 loaves of bread for $3 even though they they saw the same loaves of bread priced yesterday at only $1 per loaf. Economists recognize this psychology and it is costly to the consumer but great profits for the seller using "value pricing."

Actually it makes perfect sense. Some of us don't like contracts so we buy the equipment and will pay more. Get over it.

There are several other threads going on how people are paying 600 to 700 bucks for non contract smart phones. Same thing.

We don't all want to be drones to the big company contracts...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts