Install Question

mekoerner

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 26, 2004
I was all set for an install yesterday, but my fears quickly became true. I couldn't get installed because the subcontractor said that there were trees in the line of sight for at least one satellite. Is there a website that one can go to an put in one's address to see if I would be able to pick up any of Dish Network's 3 satellites? I really want more HD! I have 3 HD sets and only 8 HD channels.

mekoerner said:
I was all set for an install yesterday, but my fears quickly became true. I couldn't get installed because the subcontractor said that there were trees in the line of sight for at least one satellite. Is there a website that one can go to an put in one's address to see if I would be able to pick up any of Dish Network's 3 satellites? I really want more HD! I have 3 HD sets and only 8 HD channels.

If I understand you correctly, then you are currently a Dish Network customer who has the old HD package and wants to upgrade to the new HD packages, thus requiring the 129 satellite be added to your system.

Did your installer take a look all around your property or just from where the Dish 500 is since that is the most likely spot to put the Dish 1000??

If he only took a look from your Dish 500 point, perhaps a spot can be found where a Dish 500 aimed at the 129 can be installed, and then connected to the switchbox with the 119 & 110 sats.