Install req'd for second HD DVR (722)?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jammer13

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 27, 2007
I've searched some older threads on this but were somewhat different situations. I currently have a 322 and a 622 with HD. When the installer came out last March for the 622, he added a second dish and added separators to the backs of both receivers. Not sure which dish models I have, but the system info shows:

DPP Twin, Twin(1), Twin(2), Quad(3)

and satellites are 119, 110, 129

So, I'd like to move the 622 to replace the 322 and put a 722 where the 622 is currently. Seems like this should be a slam dunk replacement exercise. Dish CSR tells me they must roll an install for this upgrade.

Seems like it'd be cheaper all around if they just shipped the 722 and I sent back the 322. Or am I missing something?

I had a 942 and 622. I replaced a 942 with another 622. It was a plain swap, same cabling setup and everything. Dish still insisted that a tech visit was required. And I ended up doing all the hookup to my set anyway.

Went through the same B.S. They finally agreed to send the 722-- it was merely a case of cable swapping. When it didn't show up in a week I made the mistake of calling to check on its status. After another hour of quality Dish phone time I'm told that they NEVER send out a 722 and I have to have it "installed", irregardless of what I was told before. :mad: It'd be almost two weeks before they could schedule me.Only because I knew who the subcontractor was from an install fiasco a few weeks previous I was able to get them out with one in a few days. I hooked it up while he did the paperwork & called to get it turned on.

Here's the kicker...........the NEXT day UPS rolls up my drive with..........you guessed it, a 722. :rolleyes: I guess the moral of the story is if you get a CSR with some common sense that agrees to ship you one, DON'T call back to check on it a week later.:)

Ed

My brother just went thru the argument for a 612...they wouldnt send it. Has an install set for Friday. However, the requirement isn't for all HD, just HD-DVRs, as I got Dish to send me a 211 last week to install myself.

It's an easy swap like you said but Dish Network is not allowing self installs for HD-DVR as of late. I kept trying so they would ship me a 722 but they wouldn't bite. An installer brought it and set it up for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)