Install req'd for second HD DVR (722)?

jammer13

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 27, 2007
I've searched some older threads on this but were somewhat different situations. I currently have a 322 and a 622 with HD. When the installer came out last March for the 622, he added a second dish and added separators to the backs of both receivers. Not sure which dish models I have, but the system info shows:

DPP Twin, Twin(1), Twin(2), Quad(3)

and satellites are 119, 110, 129

So, I'd like to move the 622 to replace the 322 and put a 722 where the 622 is currently. Seems like this should be a slam dunk replacement exercise. Dish CSR tells me they must roll an install for this upgrade.

Seems like it'd be cheaper all around if they just shipped the 722 and I sent back the 322. Or am I missing something?

I had a 942 and 622. I replaced a 942 with another 622. It was a plain swap, same cabling setup and everything. Dish still insisted that a tech visit was required. And I ended up doing all the hookup to my set anyway.

Went through the same B.S. They finally agreed to send the 722-- it was merely a case of cable swapping. When it didn't show up in a week I made the mistake of calling to check on its status. After another hour of quality Dish phone time I'm told that they NEVER send out a 722 and I have to have it "installed", irregardless of what I was told before. :mad: It'd be almost two weeks before they could schedule me.Only because I knew who the subcontractor was from an install fiasco a few weeks previous I was able to get them out with one in a few days. I hooked it up while he did the paperwork & called to get it turned on.

Here's the kicker...........the NEXT day UPS rolls up my drive with..........you guessed it, a 722. :rolleyes: I guess the moral of the story is if you get a CSR with some common sense that agrees to ship you one, DON'T call back to check on it a week later.:)

Ed

My brother just went thru the argument for a 612...they wouldnt send it. Has an install set for Friday. However, the requirement isn't for all HD, just HD-DVRs, as I got Dish to send me a 211 last week to install myself.

It's an easy swap like you said but Dish Network is not allowing self installs for HD-DVR as of late. I kept trying so they would ship me a 722 but they wouldn't bite. An installer brought it and set it up for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)