Install Scheduled..Chances of getting HR44 vs HR34?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

FearTheVoices

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 10, 2012
NH
Hi,

Finally taking the plunge after a few months if debating. Install scheduled for Thursday. I put in the notes to the installer that I would like a HR44 rather than a HR34 after reading the differences between the two. Plus IMO if you are signing up for new service you should be getting the best they have to offer.

Anyway.:what are the chances of getting a 44? I read around a bit and seems it comes down to whatever they have on the truck they will give you. Is there tips you guys have on how to get one or is it pretty much luck of the draw.

The other thing is...if they show up Thursday and do not have HR44 available and I refuse install do I get charged for anything?

Thanks!

When the installer calls you to come out tell him you want a HR44. If he doesn't have one reschedule a week later. Keep doing that until they have a 44

When the installer calls you to come out tell him you want a HR44. If he doesn't have one reschedule a week later. Keep doing that until they have a 44

They won't reschedule anymore. If you request a certain receiver and the tech doesn't have it, the job is completely canceled out. Directv has a metric of paying HSP and 1 of them is completed work orders. If there is a reschedule that isn't due in part to Directv's fault or he HSP's fault it'll be cancelled out.

They won't reschedule anymore. If you request a certain receiver and the tech doesn't have it, the job is completely canceled out. Directv has a metric of paying HSP and 1 of them is completed work orders. If there is a reschedule that isn't due in part to Directv's fault or he HSP's fault it'll be cancelled out.

Unless the tech is O&O, in which case, you can probably try once or twice.

Do they call the day or day before? I got the automated call already from DTV to confirm appointment.

It all depends on what the warehouse has for the installers. I got a HR44/700 with C31 clients. It just happened that my area is getting the HR44's instead of the HR34's for all new installs.

That sucks! That was a good way of ensuring you got an HR44. Oh well, hustles never last forever...

Doesn't really matter, if they don't have a HR44 on the truck or in the warehouse, there's really not much they can do about it.

You can always refuse it, the tech will close it out so he gets credit.
Call back and schedule it again.

Last edited:
Doesn't really matter, if they don't have a HR44 on the truck or in the warehouise, theres really not much they can do about it.

You can always refuse it, the tech will close it out so he gets credit.
Call back and schedule it again.

So can you call to reschedule the appointment?? If the cancel it out do you have to call in and give them all your info again or just reschedule the appointment?

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Quick question: Since there are obvious differences between these two units, wouldn't it be better to make sure you "need" at least one of the features that the HR44 provides? I was thinking of telling the tech that I must have the Integrated Wi-Fi & Optical audio output ;) (and smaller footprint)

Would that also help you get the HR44?

No. Because it is all about what the warehouse that the local area techs pull the equipment from. A good example of how bad it is with some warehouses for DirecTV installers. Watch the DirecTV episode of "Undercover Boss".

Alright so I cancelled my install for tomorrow, still debating as of now to change that back to tomorrow via the wEbsite which is still showing two openings.

I'm probably overthinking stuff now and getting cold feet.

What would be the cancellation fee after 12 months if I decided to? Do they figure all that free SundayTicket in the ETF?

If I can get out of it after 12 months by paying $300 or so it would make my decision easier.

I am a installer. I worked for a contractor shop that did the Directv installs. Whatever was in inventory that day got sent out. Often it was not the latest model. Fast forward five years. I now work for a retail installer. I ALWAYS go out with the latest model to an install. We never have older refurbished receivers in stock.

If your installer does not have the 44 you can cancel. Then call a local retailer and discuss with them if they have the HR44 to be installed and sign up through the retailer. Same deals with them as calling the 800 number for direct.

Quick question: Since there are obvious differences between these two units, wouldn't it be better to make sure you "need" at least one of the features that the HR44 provides? I was thinking of telling the tech that I must have the Integrated Wi-Fi & Optical audio output ;) (and smaller footprint)

Would that also help you get the HR44?
Just ask the guy when he calls if he has a HR44 on the truck.

Alright so I cancelled my install for tomorrow, still debating as of now to change that back to tomorrow via the wEbsite which is still showing two openings.

I'm probably overthinking stuff now and getting cold feet.

What would be the cancellation fee after 12 months if I decided to? Do they figure all that free SundayTicket in the ETF?

If I can get out of it after 12 months by paying $300 or so it would make my decision easier.

ETF is $20 per remaining months left on your 24 month commitment.
$20 x 12 months = 240

I wouldn't cancel if I were you, likely he'll install new equipment, Just ask him when he calls you before he arrives at your place.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Please reply by conversation.