Some of "Sports Pack" open

harrisburgpatv

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 30, 2013
Mechanicsburg, PA
I subscribe to the MLB, NHL, and NBA packages. I had the Sports Pack for a little bit, but cancelled it.

I've recently noticed that outside of the live sports programming on the RSN channels (in the 600s...not the ones mirrored by sports in the 700s), not counting replays, I'm getting the programming on the RSN's. For example, I can view "SportsNite" on SNY. Are the RSN's included with an out-of-market sports package?

The out of market sports packages are mostly remaps of RSNs and they don't remove the authorizations right away, so you might still be able to watch the RSN feeds after the postgame coverage finishes.

Reactions: DirecTVFanSince2016
I'm finding just the opposite ...
I Don't have the Sports Pack, but I Do watch my MLB game on the RSN channel number .... however, within 3-5 minutes after the game is over, it is turned Off ...
I really wish they would allow the Post Game show, but I'm not spending another $15 a month just to see it.

I"m already paying an addl. $16 p/m for RSN's that I don't use.

I'm finding just the opposite ...
I Don't have the Sports Pack, but I Do watch my MLB game on the RSN channel number .... however, within 3-5 minutes after the game is over, it is turned Off ...
I really wish they would allow the Post Game show, but I'm not spending another $15 a month just to see it.

I"m already paying an addl. $16 p/m for RSN's that I don't use.
Wait, your local RSN feed cuts off after the game is over? Is it a -1 “alternate” channel? I would expect this of an alternate channel or of a MLBEI feed in the 700s, but not the main 600s station. That’s pretty wild.

Wait, your local RSN feed cuts off after the game is over? Is it a -1 “alternate” channel? I would expect this of an alternate channel or of a MLBEI feed in the 700s, but not the main 600s station. That’s pretty wild.
No, like I said, I watch on the RSN channel (mainly because the game is always on the same channel that way) I have the MLB EI package, I'm watching games that are Not in my RSN ...
Like I said, I pay $16 for the RSN's that I don't follow ...

The EI's package is usually a copy of the RSN when there is one.

No, like I said, I watch on the RSN channel (mainly because the game is always on the same channel that way) I have the MLB EI package, I'm watching games that are Not in my RSN ...

Yes, it would be so helpful if the Yankees feed, for instance, were always on the same MLBEI channel. But it isn’t, so I usually watch on 631. The only bad thing about that is if I’m not watching live, I risk missing the end of the game when the postgame show starts and the feed turns off.

Yes, it would be so helpful if the Yankees feed, for instance, were always on the same MLBEI channel. But it isn’t, so I usually watch on 631. The only bad thing about that is if I’m not watching live, I risk missing the end of the game when the postgame show starts and the feed turns off.
Correct ...

Oh I see what you're saying. That makes sense. I do wish that function was also available on the MLB app, but it's not. Would be great if you could get that content for your out of market team, but alas I imagine additional rights problems.

Honestly though, I would be okay with droppng EVERYTHING if it lowered the cost of sports programming - announcers, pre game, post game, graphics, etc - just give me a ballpark feed and make it high def

• Sad
Reactions: DirecTVFanSince2016
Oh I see what you're saying. That makes sense. I do wish that function was also available on the MLB app, but it's not. Would be great if you could get that content for your out of market team, but alas I imagine additional rights problems.

Honestly though, I would be okay with droppng EVERYTHING if it lowered the cost of sports programming - announcers, pre game, post game, graphics, etc - just give me a ballpark feed and make it high def
Actually, I think you Can .... IF its for only 1 team ...
When I set up my MLB Streaming it asks who your favorite team is, once you do that, That team shows up taking the majority of the screen and its the 1st option to click on.

Unfortunately, its only for 1 team ...

I'd like to set up like 3 teams and have them show up 1st every day.