Install w/ Birddog Meter

Status
Please reply by conversation.

drwindmill

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 16, 2005
I am installing in my camper with a 3lnb and birddog meter, I can get 80% signal on both 101 and 119, but nothing on the receiver. Any idea what I am doing wrong? My LNB fell on the ground once I wonder if something happened..

Select (check) 3 lnb in satellite setup.

Try another port on the lnb outputs (4).....test each one.

Try a reset.

Try another receiver.

Probably a fitting.

Joe

Hey guys, I tried another receiver and it worked. The receiver was a refurb that DTV just sent me last week and it worked fine right away and now obviously lost its tuner...How often does this happen?

Some installers will not use refurbs. Most of the time they are fine equipment that just needs repacking. To an unknown extent defective units are also repacked. They fail a second time. Not very often in my experience.

Joe

Some installers will not use refurbs. Most of the time they are fine equipment that just needs repacking. To an unknown extent defective units are also repacked. They fail a second time. Not very often in my experience.

Joe

Man I wished I didnt have to use refurbs but thats all our warehouse has and its all they have had for over 2 months they say directv has a equip shortage

Joe

Have to chime in... when had my install last summer, the 2 SD receivers were refurbs and NEITHER worked. I think they may have been "pre-furbs" :cool:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)