INSTALL went Well! I'm a Member!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cyberized

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 12, 2004
Beaverton, Oregon
TKS for ALL the help and advice here - it's GOOD to be a member of SAT community once again. Today was the BIG day for me......I changed my order at the last to a HR24 from just an HD Receiver....my installer told me that IF I had not changed he had NO H24s and I would have gotten an H20. I am really glad I decided to go ahead and pay a DVR fee and get so much more ------------ and thanking God, my Installer was a real NICE fella and did a great job - even included a Ethernet cable and all to get me setup for the Cinema Plus features etc. Now am going to start studying the info tha came with it to learn how to take advantage of all it's features.
Not saying this to really complain, because it's not that big of deal, and I ams saving money - BUT - truthfully I think the HD PQ frm Comcast is a tad better than what I see with this D* setup.........it will be just FINE for my purposes....NOT looking back!;)

When did you go back to Directv, Scott? I thought you dropped it quite a while ago.

When did you go back to Directv, Scott? I thought you dropped it quite a while ago.

IIRC, Scott came back about a month ago.

OP,
WELCOME TO D* !!!

As for the HR20, I have 2 still and the work fine, not as fast by any streatch as the HR24's but much better than the 21,22 and 23 series.

I have 2 HR24's that I use as the main recvrs, but have a HR20 in the Motorhome and one in a bedroom.

About a month ago. I got it for their 3D content, I was getting sick of watch Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs on my Bluray player over and over again since it was the only thing I had that was 3D. :)

About a month ago. I got it for their 3D content, I was getting sick of watch Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs on my Bluray player over and over again since it was the only thing I had that was 3D. :)

Ah, that 'splains it!

So Scott,
How do you like the 3D shows, is it all that it's cracked up to be ?
Are you liking the D* stuff any better this time around ?

I am getting a add on for my projector whenever optoma releases it, I can not wait to see what directv can do with 3d and also 3d blurays and xbox 360! I have tried contacting optoma several times but they wont respond, I would love to get a unit early to review.

BTW. Not to drift off subject, but welcome to directv, these forums are filled with great members who will help, any problems or questions we are always here. :)

Last edited:
So Scott,
How do you like the 3D shows, is it all that it's cracked up to be ?
Are you liking the D* stuff any better this time around ?

Reminds me of the old VOOM, same stuff shown over and over again. :D

I am liking DIRECTV more this time around, the HR24 makes it much more enjoyable to watch, and the VOD is the best anywhere. I also like that they have a channel that just tells you where the channels are... that was a nice addition. :)

It's young technology. At least it's being thrown in for free, so you really can't complain.. :) Remember when they first started carrying HD? You had to buy a DTC100 for about $700, plus upgrade your dish for another $200 (plus installation if you didn't want to do it yourself, because those oval dishes with their 'skew' setting were alien! :D), plus subscribe to HD for $10 a month... And all you got out of it was 3 HD channels: HDNet, Universal HD, and Discovery HD Theater. Now with 3D, there's already what, 5 channels, the programming is free, and the new receivers already have the hardware capability built in. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)