Install with multiple receivers.

warper

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 23, 2004
I just talked to voom and wanted to change my order. I have 2 receivers coming on the 11th to be installed. I called them to ask about upping it to 3. I told them I wanted to have 2 right next to each other and be able to set one up to record 1 channel to my hdd/dvr over component 480i. I wanted the the other to feed direct into the big screen. basically I figured it would than be like having a voom dvr but not as good of quality. They said it would not work. They say if I change the channel on 1 remote it will change on both stb's. I was surprised they did not have where you could set different signal for each remote. I s what they say true?

I never thought about it, but it doesnt have a switch like my dvd or cd changers. So it probably would change both, unless they have 2 different models.

Of course you could always block the IR on the one box, so the remote couldnt change it.

Yeah it does do that - it sucks.

You could always tape over the IR EYE and try to get an RF remote to work for the #2 reciever. I think some of the FTA reciever RF remotes are supposed to work.

Shawn

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts