Install yesterday - locals not showing in guide

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Kelly_A

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 23, 2019
Shawnee OK
Had Dish installed yesterday. H3 & J3. Guide wasn’t showing locals when installer left about 3pm. Figured I’d give it a few hours for locals to populate. Still no locals this morning. Verified locals were on the order. Checked to be sure “All Subscribed” was selected. Tried a red button reset about 30 minutes ago. Any suggestions? Do I need to wait awhile longer after the reset?

The guide updates with the receiver off/standby. Try that and give it a little time.

Had Dish installed yesterday. H3 & J3. Guide wasn’t showing locals when installer left about 3pm. Figured I’d give it a few hours for locals to populate. Still no locals this morning. Verified locals were on the order. Checked to be sure “All Subscribed” was selected. Tried a red button reset about 30 minutes ago. Any suggestions? Do I need to wait awhile longer after the reset?

Are you getting the locals and they're just not in the guide or are you not getting them at all?

Good morning, Kelly. We absolutely hate to hear that you're experiencing issues with your local channels. Have you tried unplugging all of the receivers, waiting 30 seconds, then plugging them back in starting with the Hopper?

It appears the local retailer made an error when entering my order. Under “Order Summary“, on the contract I signed when the installer was here yesterday, it states: “Locals: Oklahoma City, OK”. When I go to MyDish/Services/Current Service, there’s no mention of local channels. Shouldn’t locals show up on the current service page?

It appears the local retailer made an error when entering my order. Under “Order Summary“, on the contract I signed when the installer was here yesterday, it states: “Locals: Oklahoma City, OK”. When I go to MyDish/Services/Current Service, there’s no mention of local channels. Shouldn’t locals show up on the current service page?
Call DISH.

Reactions: JSheridan
That's definitely frustrating to hear, Kelly_A. For account specific assistance, we will need you to reach out to our amazing Customer service and Technical support agents via chat at Request Rejected.

Reactions: charlesrshell
It appears the local retailer made an error. Under “Order Summary“ on the contract I signed when the installer was here yesterday it states “Locals: Oklahoma City, OK”. When I go to MYDish/Services/Current Service, there’s no mention of the locals. Shouldn’t locals show on the app under Current Service?

Reactions: charlesrshell
3 lens LNB pointed SSW. Order IDs dish as “LNB Hybrid, 1000.2 WA, HubHybrid Solo”

Excruciating 36 minute chat with JessicaD. She kept insisting that she could add locals and my bill would increase from $60.31 to $62.31 per month. I kept coming back to locals $12 + current bill of $60.31 = $72.31 (was paying $68 month with DTv). Apparently she couldn’t see the $100, $10 x 10 mo. friend referral discount.. She said it wouldn’t be, and couldn’t be, applied for 15 days - even though I’d received an email confirmation that the $10 discount would be applied to my next (first) bill and roll off next September - increasing my monthly from the $50.31 w/ friend referral, to the full $60.31, reflected on the contract.

Both the retailer (twice) and the installer, before I signed the contract, told me the quoted price of $60.31 included locals. Looks like a visit to the retailer when they reopen tomorrow.

I don’t expect that conversation to go any better than the chat did. Not how I wanted to begin my relationship with Dish.

• Sad
Reactions: HipKat
I saw “Locals: Oklahoma City, OK” which meant locals were included. I think the installer did also, and probably the girl at the retailer desk too.
605D341F-AC7B-427B-BCE9-1003D7B24739.jpeg

Are the locals a separate line item under programming on your online account?

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!
I would insist the retailer supply you with an OTA Adapter and if you out up an OTA Antenna, connect a cable from that to the adapter and plug into a USB Port on the Hopper, you can scan in your locals for free, pick up the Subnets and have 2 Tuners to record local channels on

I saw “Locals: Oklahoma City, OK” which meant locals were included. I think the installer did also, and probably the girl at the retailer desk too.
View attachment 142407

What does your online account say when you look at what you get for programming?

Also, for the moment forget what you were told about locals being included for the price quoted. Look at what you are actually paying for, what your deal is, what you get for referral discounts etc and what should the price be with and without locals by your own calculation.
Then how does that compare to what you are now paying. If you come up with what you are paying is what it would be without locals, it's possible it was an honest mistake and when looking at the paperwork it looked like locals were part of the deal. In reality it might simply be a statement of fact - your locals are OK should you decide to get them.

Reactions: JSheridan and DWS44
Locals do not show up on the My Dish app, nor are they listed as an individual line item on the contract I signed.

I relied on assurances from the retailer and installer about the locals being included - assuming they were included in the line item: “America’s Top 120, regular price $67.99“.

No previous experience with Dish, just a lot of years with DTv, where locals were part of the programming package.

I’ll go to the retailer today and see if they can get it straightened out. Not too hopeful.

Locals do not show up on the My Dish app, nor are they listed as an individual line item on the contract I signed.

I relied on assurances from the retailer and installer about the locals being included - assuming they were included in the line item: “America’s Top 120, regular price $67.99“.

No previous experience with Dish, just a lot of years with DTv, where locals were part of the programming package.

I’ll go to the retailer today and see if they can get it straightened out. Not too hopeful.

They are not included in that price. Locals are a separate charge because they are not part of the packages and can be subscribed to or not.

The promotional price for the Top 120 with locals and a Hopper Duo is $59.99 with autopay. Add $5 for a Hopper 3 and another $5 for a Joey and you should be at $69.99 plus any applicable taxes. That's before any referral discounts.

The promotional price for the Top 120 with locals and a Hopper Duo is $59.99 with autopay. Add $5 for a Hopper 3 and another $5 for a Joey and you should be at $69.99 plus any applicable taxes. That's before any referral discounts.

Was just going to post that. There is an offer that says includes locals. That $67.99 price does not without the offer.

Reactions: JSheridan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts