Install yesterday - locals not showing in guide

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
No help from the local retailer. After 30 minutes in the store until they finally got ahold of someone further up the management chain. I left with a promise he’d get it straightened right out, add the locals as promised, and one of the girls would call me. No call. When I called the store, nothing had been done and I was informed that the locals would be $12 more.

I took what the sales rep quoted as fact, backed up by the installers assurances on the locals being included. Really wish I’d have just called the 800 # to begin with. I think I would have at least have been quoted the correct price and could have made an informed decision about leaving DTv, based on the actual monthly cost of services. If I do add locals, I’ll be paying $4 more, for a lot fewer channels, than if I’d stayed w/ DTv. Particularly regretting the loss of the science channel, which I could get back by jumping up two packages, for only another $20 a month...

Yea, cause you always get the right info from the 800 number.

/sarcasm off

Also, around here at least, you have three business days to cancel without penalty.

“Yea, cause you always get the right info from the 800 number.

/sarcasm off”

IDK, is the 800 number no better?

I do plan to buy the AirTV or Dish OTA adapter at some point. And buy and install an antenna in the attic. I’ll talk with the manager tomorrow and see if we can come to a compromise to get locals in place until I’m able to do so.

“Yea, cause you always get the right info from the 800 number.

/sarcasm off”

IDK, is the 800 number no better?

I do plan to buy the AirTV or Dish OTA adapter at some point. And buy and install an antenna in the attic. I’ll talk with the manager tomorrow and see if we can come to a compromise to get locals in place until I’m able to do so.
You're not going to get a compromise. Locals are $12 a month and there's no way to wave it reduce it because the system won't allow it. Whoever quoted your prices wrong is to blame, but your hands are tied. Regardless, you're still locked in for 2 years, which you couldn't have said about Direct

Reactions: charlesrshell
The salesperson should at least cover the cost of locals until an antenna is installed. That would be a good compromise and cheap compared to a possible charge back to the retailer if you were to cancel.

Reactions: TheKrell and HipKat
If I do add locals, I’ll be paying $4 more, for a lot fewer channels, than if I’d stayed w/ DTv. Particularly regretting the loss of the science channel

You had a Direct TV package which wasn't in contract for $8 more than the DISH package you have now, which is a special contract price...........................and the Direct TV package had a "lot" more channels and also had the locals included? You basically switched to save $8 and you had to give up at least one channel you really liked?

That flies in the face of what everyone here has been saying that Direct TV is more expensive for similar packages. I've never had Direct TV so I know nothing about their pricing, other than what I read on SatGuys.

Full disclosure: Although I was not in contract, I was under a DTv 2 year promo that expires in late Feb. I had no expectation of the price remaining the same. But the promo drop off date was too far out to begin the bargaining process. So I don’t actually know what I’d have been paying in a couple of months. Probably much more. The DTv forums are full of posts about the DTv retentions departments unwillingness to bargain. Particularly with customers that had exceptional existing deals. Forum consensus was I should expect my $68 price to increase to over $100. Hence my decision to switch to Dish.
I was willing to give up channels (Science is the only one I’ll really miss) for what I hoped would be either the same, or a lower price, locked in for 2 years. Plus Dish’s superior hardware.

I was given a good (lower than DTv) price and told it included locals. Why wouldn’t I have taken it? I can’t put myself in the mentality of what I might have been paying In 2 months, and just agree to pay more for the locals I was assured we’re included.

Reactions: stardust3
Full disclosure: Although I was not in contract, I was under a DTv 2 year promo that expires in late Feb. I had no expectation of the price remaining the same. But the promo drop off date was too far out to begin the bargaining process. So I don’t actually know what I’d have been paying in a couple of months. Probably much more. The DTv forums are full of posts about the DTv retentions departments unwillingness to bargain. Particularly with customers that had exceptional existing deals. Forum consensus was I should expect my $68 price to increase to over $100. Hence my decision to switch to Dish.
I was willing to give up channels (Science is the only one I’ll really miss) for what I hoped would be either the same, or a lower price, locked in for 2 years. Plus Dish’s superior hardware.

I was given a good (lower than DTv) price and told it included locals. Why wouldn’t I have taken it? I can’t put myself in the mentality of what I might have been paying In 2 months, and just agree to pay more for the locals I was assured we’re included.
That would be a good estimate, judging by the customers switching to Dish from DTV that I encounter and the stories they tell of their issues with DTV Billing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)