install

Dish & cable

Yes, indeed they are different. You need an ATSC tuner for OTA reception. Cable requires a QAM tuner. Most HDTVs have both tuners, but satellite set top boxes normally only have the ATSC OTA tuner. But, all you need to do is to run your cable directly into your TV through the RF connector on the back of the TV ( it should be labeled something like " Air/Cable " ). Then you just go into your TV's menu and set the tuner for CABLE and do a channel scan.

I have cable and Dish on the same TV. No you can not do it on the same cable. I have 5 coax cables commin to the back of the tv. 1 for dish 1 for cable and 1 for CCTV and 1 for high speed internet and over the Air HD Antenna. In my area for High speed internet I wanted to save $10 dollars I got there basic channel line up. I also have absolute soo with the basic cable line up I get 18 channels I could not get with absolute package. I have my nickeloden, tvland, AMC,Speed,FOX news, MTV,VH1, and a few others.

ok. so will dish install a new line through the wall to my living room for the one tv I want to get dish on? and I have one coax coming into the house will they install a new one coming in?

I also have DISH and local cable on the same line.The dish feed was added to to a pre-wired coax. I have a splitter by the TV. One feed to the DISH box. One to the TV for cable (no box).

How do you have cable tv with high speed internet and dish on the same RG6 cable?

A diplexer works as long as the cableco isn't using any of the sat signal frequencies which they usually don't. I had both sat and cable (including internet) on the same coax to the TV for many years at the FL house. I'd recommend using separate cabling though if possible. I use separate ones at the main homestead but the FL house is all masonry and I wanted to avoid additional hole drilling as much as possible.

I have it separate cables now to my MAIN TV. but I would like dish and cable to my other tvs where I send the vip722 tv 2 out to the other cables down 1 coax.

ok. so will dish install a new line through the wall to my living room for the one tv I want to get dish on? and I have one coax coming into the house will they install a new one coming in?

Technically they have to install a new cable, but your going to fight the installer because he is going to want to use that cable to save time

No offense intended but,you don't use the water in your toilet to wash your face, so why would you try to use 1 cable to handle two different systems.Spend the money and get the job done right you will have fewer problems in the long run.

With many cable companies, the frequency difference is only 100mhz. So diplexing your sat and cable onto the same line is going to eventually cause a problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)