Install

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ashutto20

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 6, 2008
United States
How easy will it be for the tech to install a joey...there is no cable so they will need to run new cable to the joey

Thoughts? ??

Depends on how easy it is to get a cable from the node to the Joey, or the tech can also install a tap on the cable for the Hopper and use that if it's easier.

Depends on how easy it is to get a cable from the node to the Joey, or the tech can also install a tap on the cable for the Hopper and use that if it's easier.

Im pretty sure the node is in the attic right above the room needing the joey... the Hopper cable is right behind the wall where the joey is going

If the homeowner is happy with a coax coming out of the wall rather than a wall plate. I expect most are.

If the homeowner is happy with a coax coming out of the wall rather than a wall plate. I expect most are.

I hardly ever use a wall plate unless requested, we have plugs that go over them before adding connectors that fit snug into the hole as long as it wasn't opened up too much to allow it to slip back out. These plugs look fine so long as you keep them low vs right in the middle of a wall. The less barrels in a line the better and that is what a wall plate will add is a unneeded barrel.

I hardly ever use a wall plate unless requested, we have plugs that go over them before adding connectors that fit snug into the hole as long as it wasn't opened up too much to allow it to slip back out. These plugs look fine so long as you keep them low vs right in the middle of a wall. The less barrels in a line the better and that is what a wall plate will add is a unneeded barrel.

I forgot about them- and I have a few in my bag!

I'd much rather have small hole I could easily patch up if need be.

I've seen a lot of homeowners buy pre-cut wire with the connectors already installed then wallow out a 1/2" hole to get it through. :eek:

So much cleaner with a 3/8 hole & plugs or wall plate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)