Installation advice...

tim_bobo

Original poster
Dec 5, 2005
Hey guys,

I'm new to the dish network thing....and I'm having trouble just getting setup. If you guys have some time to respond....I'd appriecate your advice.

I'm Canadian and I've paid for the service (with my brother living in the US)....you can't get NBA League Pass in Canada.

We got ourselves two 625 receivers. He sent a 500 dish up with the 625 and I purchased a LNBF Twin Pro. I don't think it's all the complicated....I'm only really interested in setting up the satellite on one TV....I'm just having a tough time understanding how 2 co-axial cables (from the LNBF Twin Pro) end up in my receiver. I've heard that I don't need to use both the 119 and 110, but I don't know what that means. On the back of my receiver I've got inputs for 2 satellites and I've also got a DP Plus Separator.

I had someone in on the weekend who said my LNBF Twin Pro wasn't working....we weren't able to get a signal while pointing the dish. He has left me with a single LNB, that has worked some of the time...but I have to check the switch each time I want to watch TV....and it doesn't work all the time.

Sorry for the long winded description. Any advice would be greatly appriecated....I'm dying to hear all the jokes about my Raptors. Sadly....I'm a Raptors fan....and that's why I needed NBA League Pass. I need to watch some good basketball....and, god knows, I'm not going to get it locally this year.

Thanks guys,
T

TWO 625s? If so, you need a DPPlus Twin. One cable to each box location, into the DPP Separator, and then two the 2 sat inputs.

If ONE 625, take one feed of the Twin to each sat input.

You MUST have both sat inputs of a 625 hooked up.

Aimong can be more art than science, but a meter or beeper certainly makes the job easier.

Thanks for the response Simon.

Yeah, I only have one of the 625 receivers....my brother has the other.

So, correct me if I'm wrong, to get it working I need to hook up both the 119 and 110 to the back of the receiver.

I have a small problem....I've got exceptional large exterior walls, and it's difficult to drill through them. Is there any way I can merge the 119 and the 110 outside, and then split them at my receiver? Would the DP Plus Separator help with that?

Thanks for you help,
T

So you and your brother are sharing service? You probably just lost the help of most around here. . .

Sorry if I offended anybody....I live in Canada and I'm unable to the NBA League Pass...so sharing with my brother was the only option.

Thanks for your help so far guys....I won't bother you guys again.

T

Understanding that you are canadian(my wife is french canadian) and thing are alittle different there we will ignore how the reciever got to your house.

The best answer is to use a Dish Pro Plus twin. The twin will handle all the switching between the 119 and 110 Satallite slots only 1 wire is run between the dish and the separator, the 2 wires from the seporator will go into each feed on the reciever.

I make an exception to bashing account stackers in situations like this, so no worries.

If you use a standard DP-Twin, run both cables to the 625 - NO Separator is used.

If you have a DPPlus-Twin, you only need one cable - to the Separator, then 2 short jumpers to the 625.

Dish is getting an extra $5 out of them since the receiver in canada should obviously not be connected to the phone line...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts