Installation Blues

gish

Original poster
Dec 1, 2006
Called to upgrade my old high def receiver to the 622. The lady told me that for 199 and an 18 month commitment I could get the 622 and the dish 1000 which I would need to pick up the new high def channes my old receiver wouldn't. I had two dishes on the roof. A Superdish and a smaller one for Voom channels. I couldn't be home so my dad met the guy and he said the Super Dish would work fine. I get home from work excited to watch the new channels only to fine the old dish is not compatable with the 622. My dad said the service man sai..."Oh those 2 dishes will be fine." I think he was too lazy to get up on the roof or maybe he wanted to pocket the dish 1000. Well Dish apologizes on the phone to me for the idiots mistake but tells me they can't get anyone back out unitl the end of December!!!!! What was supposed to be exciting is now a horror story! Any tips? I see the local companies phone number on the work order and I am going to call to raise hell tomorrow!

Certainly should. The dish at 61.5 should be fine, depends on if you are trying to get HD Lil's and they are on 129. See if you can get an precise explanation as to why your setup wouldn't work. Maybe he thinks you have to set up 5 locations.

I ran through the same discussion with the CSRs. Let me assure you, I am watching DishHD with a 110/119 Dish 500 and 61.5 Dish 300. The CSR should be able to get a code from their supervisor that allows them to add DishHD to your account.

Wow. Installer came out Sunday, this am aand fixed it all. Put a dish 1000 on my roof.

Gish, good to hear it. Did you get to keep the dish at 61.5 or did the replace the SuperDish?

I emailed CEO@echostar.com and had a callback in 15 minutes on Friday to upgrade to the 622s because my 942 died. I got two 622s leased. They were installed with the DPP44 and Dish 1000 on Saturday by 1pm. That's service. Right now I have two 622s, one 942, a 510, and a 508 on my account (510 not hooked up to dish). My 942 came back to life after I did the upgrade Friday afternoon. I am thinking about sending back the 510 and 508 and holding on to the HD boxes. The 508 may linger since it doesn't have the DVR fee and it's a great box for the kid's cartoons.

I always deal with the CEO escalation email now. It helps to mention SatelliteGuys.us too! That was one of the first things mentioned on the call back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)