Installation help 211 receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mrlasvegas

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 28, 2005
Los Angeles, City of
Doing a self installation and it's not going as planned (zip 90064)

Here is what I have:
3 Satellites going into a multi-dish switch dpp44 (on the left side, room for 4 inputs).

A line going out from the bottom (labeled to power inverter) to a power inverter dp44 then into a dpp seperator which splits it into 2 lines which feed the 622 all is fine and working properly.

there are 3 other outputs on the bottom labeled to receiver satellite in

How do I get the 211 hooked up?
if I take the line that was hooked up to the 622, and run a check switch I only get the 110 satellite

if I run a line from 1 of the 3 outputs to the 211 and run a check switch I don't get any satellites

I haven't activated the receiver yet, don't I do that after all the satellites are recignized?

thanks

If the 622 is working properly and you remove the cable going into the separator and plug that to the 211 and it doesn't work, sounds like you got a defective 211.

Some receivers require a software download before they recognize certain newer switch configurations, but I think the DPP44 predated the ViP211 by at least a couple of years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts