installation help - dish 500

bobc

Original poster
May 24, 2004
I've been searching for an answer to this one but I've had no luck. I have a Dish 500 with a legacy Quad LNBF and I currently have a 921, 508, and an old 4000 series receiver. All of these work just fine, no switches or spliters involved, just strait runs from the dish to the receivers. I want to add a second 921 to the setup, in the same room as the existing 921. It sounds like the simpilest way to set this up would be to add a second Dish 500 with a Dual LNBF for the second 921. I'd prefer not to do that. Is there a spliter or switch that I can use to split the 2 feeds to the current 921 to the second 921?

TIA,
Bob

Best bet is the second dish.

You could add 2 legacy switches to the quad. SW44/64 Very messy.

Or go DPP44 switch from a DP twin. Pricey! And I don't know if 921s work well with DPP and separators.

Thanks for the info. The DPP44's are what, $200? I picked up a used Dish 500 dish with a DP twin LNBF for $40. Looks like I'm going to go the second dish route after all. I shouldn't need any switches for that install right? Just run to cables from the dish to the 921?

inwo said:
I don't know if 921s work well with DPP and separators.
Worked fine for me when I tried it. Ran a DPP-Twin both with and without DPP Separator. Also have used a Legacy Twin, DP-Twin, and currently a DP34 with DP21s to add the fourth bird.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts