Installation of Dish Pro Dual LNB

sanford

Original poster
Jun 7, 2007
I purchased a DISH1000 some time ago and have decided to set it up with a single receiver (Dish 522) keeping my other VIP622 on the original installation. (I've got 3 dishes on the roof and like the looks.) Two dishes, 2 receivers.

Anyway, the DP DUAL has TWO F-connectors on it with no markings and I don't know which one to connect to the DP PLUS Twin (connector 4.) And does the coax between the Dual and the Twin HAVE to be 5.5 feet?

Any ideas? Suggestions?

John S.

--------------------
:rolleyes: FYI
I had DirectTV for it's NASCAR HotPass, but it was worthless. Cost a little to cancel but the savings was good. I did insured that they were "abandoning" their dish, mounts, and cable -- twice they said: "...yes..." So I figured that I would use their mount and cable with my DISH1000 and hook up a second receiver in the main room with me. Now, of course, I have a remote problem. I think you can modify the "codes" used for each remote/receiver combination.

Do you have a Dish 1000 (older model) or the new Dish 1000.2?

If it's the old Dish 1000 and you have a DP Twin and a single LNB (dual) mounted next to it, then you run two lines from the Twin inside to your 522. You will not be connecting your single LNB (dual) as your 522 is not a high def rcvr and can't view anything from 129. If you want to see 129... for what ever reason... make sure the single (dual) LNB is a DP Lnb and you'll need a switch and you'll have to run three lines to the DP34 switch... one for 110, 119 and 129....

If it's the old Dish 1000 with a DPP LNB then you only need to run one line inside and connect it up to your separator on the back side of your 522. Same procedure if it's a Dish 1000.2 :up

Look at the Lnb to determine what type you have.

Anyway, the DP DUAL has TWO F-connectors on it with no markings and I don't know which one to connect to the DP PLUS Twin (connector 4.) And does the coax between the Dual and the Twin HAVE to be 5.5 feet?

either output on the DP Dual is fine...
No, it doesn't have to be 5.5 feet, I usually have about 2' of wire between the dual and the DPP twin.

I am going to guess that it's the Older Dish1000 and not the dot2.
I think birddoggy is right on this one. Either "port" is okay since they are not marked. AND I've got lots of 2' coax patch cables -- Much thanks!!!

I understand that the 625 is not "HD" -- but this will give me the option of using either dish -- interchanging the VIP622 and 625. (Sorry, I forgot I had returned the 522 and bought a 625 -- leasing the VIP622)
FYI: The third "dish" on the roof is a SS-2000 - Winegard SquareShooter

Now, all I have to do is figure out my ViewSat VS2000 Ultra???? But that's a whole new project.

Super Much Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)