Installation problem solved, but...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

fhsucade07

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 10, 2007
I had posted a question here a few weeks ago about how to move my receiver to a cabin I purchased in the mountains that already had a DISH on the roof and appeared to be aimed appropriately. After following some of the advice on the board (I just got around to getting back up here and, sometime next week, will move here for good), I have gotten my system installed, BUT...

Whenever I flip through channels (without using the program guide), I notice that some don't come through and post a message regarding a "multi-switch". Also, some channels will eventually come through but only after searching the transponders, etc.

Some of the channels that post the Multi-Switch message (that I found) were the Encore Movie Channels (from the Encore Movie Pack), MASN2, a few of the public interest channels, and SOAPNet.

Two of the channels that I can recall searching for a transponder before showing the screen were Discovery and the Weather Channel.

How do I fix THIS?

Cade

Yes. I did a check switch and was told something to the effect of not having as access to as many satellites as I previously did. I know that probably isn't the exact wording, but it told me that and then I couldn't view certain channels.

Yes. I did a check switch and was told something to the effect of not having as access to as many satellites as I previously did. I know that probably isn't the exact wording, but it told me that and then I couldn't view certain channels.

The reciever told you the problem. You don't mention what equipment you have at each location, so its kinda hard to help. Whatever dish you had at home needs to show up at your cabin. It sounds to me like you moved from a dish 500 to a dish 300, which would cause this issue. it probably could even be a bad LNB.

Anyway, we can better help you after you provide the appropriate information to us. If you don't know the differences between dishes, well that is what digital cameras are for. Pic of the check switch screen and dishes. Did you save the new results or keep the old set up when you ran check switch? These are things we must know!

when check switch say that that mean you have fewer satellite than before that mean if you had 119, and 110. you are missing one of them or you dont have all the transponder on one of them... plz post your check switch result. and what type of equipment.