HD Poll - When will we see additional HD channels?

When will we see new HD channels added to Dish Network?

• Friday 1/4

Votes: 9 2.9%
  • Monday 1/7 for CES

Votes: 42 13.4%
  • Wednesday 1/9

Votes: 35 11.2%
  • Early February

Votes: 70 22.4%
  • End of 1st Quarter

Votes: 38 12.1%
  • Not until new satellites are launched

Votes: 119 38.0%

• Total voters
I will say early feb. Hope earlier and hope not until new sats. Will see.

I think one thing that is encouraging is the new pricing structure. There really isn't that many channels that fall within the "HD version of your favorite channel" group. Seems like they need to add to this before the price changes. That is why I say early Feb.

I voted for as "soon" as Firday.:p We seem to have a lot of pessimists here today. "Not until new sats are launched" is leading.:(

I voted for as "soon" as Firday.:p We seem to have a lot of pessimists here today. "Not until new sats are launched" is leading.:(

I havent been a big Dish fan as of late... but I can't imagine that they will wait until new satellites. Best case scinario, they get one up in late spring. Then they have to test. I think mid-late summer is the earliest you will see anything off a new satellite. Imagine the customer retention issues they would face... not to mention new sales.

poll corrected, and I havent voted yet, I am hoping Dish comes through with something! I know they have been hurt by the new satellites going up, all the sale talk, and bandwidth reclamation, but come on, at least give us something (maybe cleveland hd locals on the 110 119, or 61.5 would be nice! as that would pretty much make me a VERY happy man!)

Dish needs to show something new at CES (regarding programing) so i am guessing Monday for the CES week. D* will be there will all the channels claming to be the HD Leader.....E* needs to show something......anything new.

All you HD people want is more more more. What about us who do not or can not afford HD? We would like to see more good programming too. I have lost Court TV, Lifetime and others over the last 3 years and what did we get in return? more shopping networks. Come on dish us small people would like better programming too!

All you HD people want is more more more. What about us who do not or can not afford HD? We would like to see more good programming too. I have lost Court TV, Lifetime and others over the last 3 years and what did we get in return? more shopping networks. Come on dish us small people would like better programming too!

Then maybe you need to look for another provider that doesn't have a habit of removing channels.

February 30, 2008

I hope this man isn't selling callenders on e-Bay. :D

I voted for CES Day. Dish needs something to talk about at CES and it's been very boring around here lately. Charlie should to a ceremonious flip the switch on location and the USA and SciFi HD channels will turn on for all of us just like that. If recorded right, it might make the next Charlie Chat a little more interesting to some viewers who don't visit here. But hey, that might be cute for us to see too.

For anything more on channels than that, we will probably need to wait for the new birds to start flying. !sadroll

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)