HD Poll - When will we see additional HD channels?

When will we see new HD channels added to Dish Network?

• Friday 1/4

Votes: 9 2.9%
  • Monday 1/7 for CES

Votes: 42 13.4%
  • Wednesday 1/9

Votes: 35 11.2%
  • Early February

Votes: 70 22.4%
  • End of 1st Quarter

Votes: 38 12.1%
  • Not until new satellites are launched

Votes: 119 38.0%

• Total voters
I voted next Wed 1/9 since Dish usually does the uplink work mid week and the last 2 weeks have been holiday weeks.

I say by the first of February. The way they seem to be testing things, it could be sooner. It will be before the next sat. launch----or I hope it will.:)

All you HD people want is more more more. What about us who do not or can not afford HD? We would like to see more good programming too. I have lost Court TV, Lifetime and others over the last 3 years and what did we get in return? more shopping networks. Come on dish us small people would like better programming too!

Papalittle,

How did you lose Channels that Dish continues to carry. Both CourTV and Lifetime are in the Basic Dish packages. Dish did have skirmishes with the owners of both CourTV and Lifetime, but both are back on and in fact Dish now carries Lifetime Movie Network in SD as well, which was NOT the case for Core Packages before this Skirmish with the Channels owner.

Dish really needs more HD channels for ONE BIG reason, and that is WE HD subs pay much more for our packages so us HD SUBS are more profit for Dish so they can have lower rates for smaller packages and offer Loss leading packages as well.

John

All you HD people want is more more more. What about us who do not or can not afford HD? We would like to see more good programming too. I have lost Court TV, Lifetime and others over the last 3 years and what did we get in return? more shopping networks. Come on dish us small people would like better programming too!

What national SD programming are you missing, and what new channels("better programming", you say) have been added elsewhere that DISH does not have?

Are you SURE Nebraska has hills and trees? I've only seen CORN.......huskers:p (the small people)

What national SD programming are you missing, and what new channels("better programming", you say) have been added elsewhere that DISH does not have?

Are you SURE Nebraska has hills and trees? I've only seen CORN.......huskers:p (the small people)

The only case I can think of of Fox Business Network. The regular programming side of things dried up a while ago.

One point in favor of CES - Maria Bartiromo will be there ! :D

maria-790037.jpg

That's interesting.

You're saying that you know they can't have capacity because otherwise Charlie would have launched new HD channels? How do you know Charlie's not interested in doing something else with that capacity? Or that Charlie doesn't want to pay for new national HD channels?

That's interesting.

You're saying that you know they can't have capacity because otherwise Charlie would have launched new HD channels? How do you know Charlie's not interested in doing something else with that capacity? Or that Charlie doesn't want to pay for new national HD channels?
Because when you claim you have the most HD when you really Don't. He would have launched Sci-Fi ,FX, USA,Bravo,Should I keep going ! OH thats right he's waiting untill these HD networks put out HD programming.:rolleyes: Nice try!! Dish don't Have squat! Whats interesting is what your going to tell me he's going to do with this So Called capacity if he's not Interested in HD networks.

Because when you claim you have the most HD when you really Don't. He would have launched Sci-Fi ,FX, USA,Bravo,Should I keep going ! OH thats right he's waiting untill these HD networks put out HD programming.:rolleyes: Nice try!! Dish don't Have squat! Whats interesting is what your going to tell me he's going to do with this So Called capacity if he's not Interested in HD networks.

I'm not clear on this: are you saying Charlie WANTS to add new national HD or that he DOESN'T want to?

Your last sentence is equivalent to the statement that you can't imagine what Charlie would do with extra capacity if not use it for extra national HD. Well we can start with additional HD LIL, non-HD LIL, SD, lease it, use it for foreign service, use it for business services or decide not to give the national HD providers whatever they want and just leave it empty. Enough for you?

I'm not clear on this: are you saying Charlie WANTS to add new national HD or that he DOESN'T want to?

Your last sentence is equivalent to the statement that you can't imagine what Charlie would do with extra capacity if not use it for extra national HD. Well we can start with additional HD LIL, non-HD LIL, SD, lease it, use it for foreign service, use it for business services or decide not to give the national HD providers whatever they want and just leave it empty. Enough for you?
Thats just what every Dishnetwork Customer wants.:rolleyes::mad: So you agree No new HD untill Satellite launch. Because E* has SD and foreign service to launch, with what he has left, and maybe 1 city with 1or2 HD locals on it. Great we'll be looking forward to that.:up:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts