Installation Problems

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mroche714

Original poster
May 21, 2009
Ohio
I am having problems with the installation of my dish and receiver. I have found a 85 to 90 signal streeth on 28 responder; however, I am only getting 3 stations instead of the usual channel guide. Channels 14, 28, and 100 and that's it.

Am I getting a false signal or something? Is there something wrong with the wires possibly? What normally causes this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Please tell us what dish and receiver you have.

And what sat do you see the high values on TP28? If that is on 101, then you are on a spot beam, probably for your area. Then chs 14 and 28 could be your locals. It would also help if we knew your city in Ohio.

Directv Sattelitte Dish (round) with one hookup and a RCA Receiver...Model # DRD420RE. I live in the Steubenville area.

bgothard72...those are not my local channels. I have no clue what they are. It's frustrating, because it has worked in the past. I was thinking maybe I receiving a bad signal or possibly something else.

What are channels 14 and 28?

I know in the metro detroit area transponder 28 will come in at 0(edit: off of the 101 sat). Channel 100 is a PPV preview channel.

" I am only getting 3 stations instead of the usual channel guide", what does that mean the usual channel guide? what are you expecting?

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)