Installation Questions

bwp73

Original poster
Dec 27, 2004
Hey all....Google was kind enough to point me to the forum in hopes of finding some answers.

I'm taking on a roommate and in doing such I'm going to go ahead and get his room along with my room wired up for the dish. I currently have the Dish 500 with a dual LNB only going to one 510 receiver. I'm also interested in an HD receiver but am unsure what dish requirments would be needed for that.

So basically.....

1. Getting ready to wire 2 more rooms up for a total of 3 receivers but currently only have one dual LNB. Would running a DP34 switch from the dual LNB pretty much solve my needs?

2. Interested in the HD service but not clear on what I would need as far as the dish goes. Would I also be able to receive said service on my current dish
or would a new one along with the HD receiver be needed?

Any help is appreciated!

Welcome aboard! :)

I think you've probably got a Twin, not a Dual. Two eyes, one wide housing is a Twin (or a Quad).

A Twin CAN drive a DP34. Probably a wise move if you're going HD - because a wing (61.5 or 148) might be needed - that's where CBS-HD is (if you qualify). The rest of the HD is on the 110/119 birds - ordinary Dish500 works fine.

As for receivers, note that the 921 (HD DVR) requires TWO feeds. An 811 (non-DVR) is a single tuner - only one feed cable.
Remember to use only RG-6 rated at least 2150MHz.

Thanks for the input and the welcome, hearing this from someone else does clear it up a bit.

So technically with the DP34 I could infact have 3 receiver locations, one being say a dual tuner model such as the 921 using two of the tuner outputs and the other two going to the other single tuner receivers.

Yup - that's what a DP34 is for.

So, do you have a Twin? The Check Switch screen will tell you.

Your avatar looks VERY familiar - I know I've seen it on someone else here or at DBSTalk.

Sorry but I can't check right now. I currently have all my A/V components unplugged and scattered from one end of the room to the other. I'm getting ready for the delivery of my 52" in the morning so I have to do a little rearranging right now but I'm pretty sure that it is a twin and not a dual.

As for the pic....I found that on EHOWA while reading a story on the things to do to a cat while watching football all day and drinking too much tequila. :p

SS, I seem to remember it was BFG that also had that avatar a while back. But not entirely sure.

Mine is mostly homemade (inspired of course from this site and the delivery of my new 921 prize).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)