Installed a replacement hopper....DVR recordings list looks different

raptureme

Original poster
Sep 1, 2014
I just installed a replacement hopper about two days ago and I've noticed that on my DVR recordings it displays channel logos instead of pictures of the actual shows recorded. It's not a huge deal, but it is easier to find recorded programming. I was just wondering why this new receiver displays like this and is there a way to revert it back to showing images? Perhaps I have not given it enough time to update software in only two days of service? Any help is appreciated.

dont know my dvr list still shows recordings by show title.

you can try this. hit the green shortcut button while in the dvr menu and change it to folders by title

dont know my dvr list still shows recordings by show title.

you can try this. hit the green shortcut button while in the dvr menu and change it to folders by title

I have folders set by title. What I'm referring to is the actual folder image. For example, let's say I record "i love lucy" five times. It would show a picture of lucy, desi, etc. for the folder with a number 5. Now the folder just shows the hallmark channel logo for the folder because it comes on that channel.

ok, wait it is. Is there a way to initiate the update myself or does it have to be done at 3am or whatever time it is set for?

When I got my HWS several months back, my initial recordings were all like that....just channel logos. After about two days or normal use, new recordings started showing proper picture tiles as they should. I should also note, at least in my case, the original recordings that just showed channel logos never did switch to the normal tiles...only new recordings from the point they started working forwards.

Generally it takes the Hopper a few days for everything to start working properly after it is first installed.

When I first got my hopper w/sling nearly all of my of my recordings on my ehd's had the right icons. With each update more have been lost till only a fraction of them still have their tiles. So I wouldn't count on getting many of them back.

When I first got my hopper w/sling nearly all of my of my recordings on my ehd's had the right icons. With each update more have been lost till only a fraction of them still have their tiles. So I wouldn't count on getting many of them back.
I got exactly the same result .... now I have a pile of Dish Icons ... lovely

I prefer the tiles. The list was hard for me to read, and even the tiles without the shows picture, is easier for me to read.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)