Installed friend's SWM -3 with older SB 21 volt..no probs

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dishcomm

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Nov 29, 2005
suburbia
Yep. Used an older SSB with the 21 volt output. Hooked it up to the SWM-3 lnb and BANG...upper 90's and 100's across the board..
No problems. None of that dithering baloney. All sigs good on 99 and 103....

Yep. Used an older SSB with the 21 volt output. Hooked it up to the SWM-3 lnb and BANG...upper 90's and 100's across the board..
No problems. None of that dithering baloney. All sigs good on 99 and 103....

Older or newer, if it's still 21v, it shouldn't make a difference.

Older or newer, if it's still 21v, it shouldn't make a difference.
Hmm. I was then misinformed. I looked at several posts on various sites that the 21V SSB would not power the SWM LNB's...Some people did say it could be done but with significant battery drain..
Oh well.
I simply used the 101 slot for the tuning of the antenna.

Hmm. I was then misinformed. I looked at several posts on various sites that the 21V SSB would not power the SWM LNB's...Some people did say it could be done but with significant battery drain..
Oh well.
I simply used the 101 slot for the tuning of the antenna.

I could be wrong, but you would think as long as the voltage is correct you should be good.

I could be wrong, but you would think as long as the voltage is correct you should be good.

You can run a SWM LNB off a receiver (not always and very unstable) but it'll work, I've seen some home made power inserter and I just sit and stare at them ;)

You can run a SWM LNB off a receiver (not always and very unstable) but it'll work, I've seen some home made power inserter and I just sit and stare at them ;)

It may work for a while, but you are asking the power supply in the receiver/dvr to supply 21 volts when the most it can put out is 18.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)