Installer here now - 1000.2 vs 1000.4

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
dishcomm said:
depends on the DMA....If the locals in HD are available on the 129, ok , do that....If on the 61.5.......OOPS.

I would assume the tech installing this would know where his HD locals are. I would hope he does anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

On that thought of adding another dish for 129, I just bought a Dish VIP 211K receiver. I have a Dish 500 set at 110 and 119 with a sw21 switch to change between lnb's. I also have a single lnb dish to install to point to 129 for HD service. What do I need to add for the receiver to see this additional dish set to 129?
You don't say what kind of LNB is on the 129 dish, so I'll lay out some options. The preferred way, and cleanest, is to put a DPP Twin on the 500 as already suggested, and the 129 LNB would have to be DishPro. If you want to stay legacy (not recommending this), you could a) put a Twin on the 500, running it to the SW21 input 1 and 129 to input 2, or b) keep the 3 separate LNBs, put a Microyal SW21x where your SW21 is now, and move the SW21 downstream with the SW21x going to input 1 and 129 to 2.

dishcomm said:
BTW, why is it you not in the business can say " I don't believe the tech"...?....What the hell is THAT?
What I could not stand is here we are professionals attempting to HELP you the customer and you have the nerve to question us as though we know squat.

Maybe he got burnt by a previous 'representative' of another company and just wants to be doubly sure he's not being ripped off by one of those "techs" that lies just to get the job done so he can meet his over the top expectations.......

You are an installer, you know what I am talking about.

Check your signal requirement matrix. You'll find the minimums on the 1000.2 to are higher. Tomorrow, ask techs that call in which array gets higher signal readings.

Very true. It's been said quite a few times by myself and others, that EA is all 8PSK, WA 110/119 are mostly QPSK, 129 is 99% 8PSK. The receivers interpret the signal readings differently between 8PSK and QPSK. The actual signal strength is about the same on both arcs, but not according to the receivers. Most people will notice, that 129 has about the same signal reading as the EA sats. Again, this is due to 8PSK modulation. TP 21 on 129 is QPSK, and you will find that (if properly peaked and clear LOS) 129 TP 21 will have similar readings to 110/119. Just like 110 TP 7 is 8PSK, and will have similar readings to most TPs on 129.

Whenever DISH gets rid of all the obsolete QPSK-only receivers, and converts 110/119 to 8PSK, 110/119 will read "lower" and be comparable to 129 and EA. Again, actual signal strength won't change, however 8PSK is not quite as resistant to rain fade as QPSK, but the difference is so minimal that nobody will notice.

Maybe he got burnt by a previous 'representative' of another company and just wants to be doubly sure he's not being ripped off by one of those "techs" that lies just to get the job done so he can meet his over the top expectations.......

You are an installer, you know what I am talking about.
Yep..Sure do....I just think people should show some tact. In this case the OP should have politely ( the same as he would like to be addressed by a stranger) the hows and whys of the job instead of " I don't believe him"...That IMO is way out of line.

Very true. It's been said quite a few times by myself and others, that EA is all 8PSK, WA 110/119 are mostly QPSK, 129 is 99% 8PSK. The receivers interpret the signal readings differently between 8PSK and QPSK. The actual signal strength is about the same on both arcs, but not according to the receivers. Most people will notice, that 129 has about the same signal reading as the EA sats. Again, this is due to 8PSK modulation. TP 21 on 129 is QPSK, and you will find that (if properly peaked and clear LOS) 129 TP 21 will have similar readings to 110/119. Just like 110 TP 7 is 8PSK, and will have similar readings to most TPs on 129.

Whenever DISH gets rid of all the obsolete QPSK-only receivers, and converts 110/119 to 8PSK, 110/119 will read "lower" and be comparable to 129 and EA. Again, actual signal strength won't change, however 8PSK is not quite as resistant to rain fade as QPSK, but the difference is so minimal that nobody will notice.
Thanks!!!
Now is the time when signal quality should become a part of the lexicon. I have always considered signal strength a representation of what the individual receiver "thinks' it is getting. Signal quality is just as important. The guys that have done FTA installs can better explain that stuff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)