Installer is here

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gampp

SatelliteGuys Family
Feb 18, 2008
I bit the bullet and ordered D* with two HD-DVRs. The installer is here taking down the E* dish and putting the D* dish up. Haven't seen which DVRs I'm getting yet, but any tips/tricks for a new D* subscriber?

He's finishing up, but I'm the proud new owner (or leaser, I suppose) of two HR24s. Once he has the signal up and running and I have some time to play with them, I'll post my thoughts compared to the Dish 722. Let me know if you have anything you want me to check out. I don't have an older D* HD-DVR to compare to, but will be looking at speed and response time.

He's finishing up, but I'm the proud new owner (or leaser, I suppose) of two HR24s. Once he has the signal up and running and I have some time to play with them, I'll post my thoughts compared to the Dish 722. Let me know if you have anything you want me to check out. I don't have an older D* HD-DVR to compare to, but will be looking at speed and response time.

Well, you got the latest and greatest equipment! Where are you located?

I'm in Denver, which is probably why I got them. They also installed all of the needed equipment for MRV, even though I didn't order it. Said he had it so might as well put it in so that all I have to do is call to add the $3 charge to my account.

remember to go to directv.com/rebate and apply for your new customer rebates so you get the credit on your account that gives you the promotion pricing advertised.

Thanks, did that before the installer came. Actually had some issues with registering online due to an old account being linked, but DirecTv support managed to get it worked out and were ready with some bill credits if they couldn't get it done in time. Overall, great customer service.

You are fortunate to have signed up at the right time! Two HR24's, and MRV, no extra cost, that is great!

You could have gotten two old HR21 refurbs, if you know what I mean.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)