Installer needs help Virginia Lining 1000.2 dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

meitedlce

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 28, 2007
Roanoke VA
Hey guys; I'm a Dish Network installer
questions are at the end, this is explaing my way there

Located in the Virginia area (zip 24108)

The 1000.2 are great for just about every possible reason,
a. built in dp-adapter for legacy...
b. DPPlus or running duel tuners from single coax
c. Input for 4th SAT location..

-but just as the 1000 before.. low 129 SAT signal..

for this area elevation is to be set at 29-30
and skew to be at 129

Now, we line the 1000/ 1000.2 dish up using the 119* sat on the y-bracket with a dp-duel; as my office prefers and using all the correct settings above. Then we remove the w-bracket, and add the .2-lnbf. Roll inside and run a switch test; 129* will be so low... its a one time hit on the check switch, then it misses on the next.. back and forth, picks up every other time.

Now if you line up left - right, then move the elevation up to lock in on 119* SAT usually around 133 - 135 elevation; then again remove the w-bracket- install the .2-lnbf as normal, roll inside and run a check switch it picks up fine.. but 129* signal is still usually somewhere between 60 - 75 in strength.. works fine on a good day, but you know first bad weather hits... their HD is gone!!

And this is where I've been tending to leave it. Cannot seem to pick up more. And this goes for the other 40 techs I work with, our supervisors and so on have no suggestions to raise the signal. So anytime its possible I stress to the customer in just installing a 2nd dish to pull in the 61.5 location to pull in HD, this way the signal will rock between 90 and 110 strength.

Good news is.. 119* and 110* on duel rcvers strength is 110 or better
and on single rcvrs strength sits 115 or better. :)

Now I've tried lining it up using the .2-lnbf and connecting a receiver to the port to power it up.. still same result, so basically guys..

??Any suggestions from fellow installers on how to raise my strength on the .2 dishes for the 129* sat?? :confused:

??Am I doing something wrong??

Last edited:
Hey Guys..

If anyone else from other areas is having same problems, drop a line, would like to know that my area is not the only one with low strength.

Here's your answer!

I was a Dish installer (subcontractor) and if I could get my hands on that Dish, I'd tell you. Since I can't, you need to use Simultaneous Multi-Signal Metering! You will be able to view more than one satellite signal at a time. When you can watch any two of the three at a time, you can decide for yourself if, or where you're missing it.
I installed quite a few 1000's, and many more 1000+, but no 1000.2 in my market. I do know that a dual analog signal meter will allow you to test, with surety, the best peak for the dish 1000.
For example; the receivers say that elevation for my zip is 38. It's not. On a plumb mast, every time, it is just a hair shy of 40. You will be able to determine that the numbers you are using are right or wrong, and set your mind at ease that you are maximizing your alignment.

Check this out
http://www.wowvision.tv/solidsignal
Hi Def Jeff

Setting the elevation higher one or two degrees seem to help with signals on 129. A lot of us with a D1000.2 are getting some improvement with higher elevation angles.

I'm not an installer but one thing I found out about the 1000.2 is to peak on 119 TP11 first and then make some minor adjustments like elevation for 129.

Setting the elevation higher one or two degrees seem to help with signals on 129. A lot of us with a D1000.2 are getting some improvement with higher elevation angles.

I'm not an installer but one thing I found out about the 1000.2 is to peak on 119 TP11 first and then make some minor adjustments like elevation for 129.

Yep that is what I did yesterday. Taking it one step further, I tin foiled my 110 and 129 LNB's on the 1000.2 and peaked 119 with a meter and an old 301 receiver. The 301 on 119 TP 11 locked in around 123 on SS. It was about 12-15 points lower on the 211 and 622. I raised my elevation angle by about 1 degree and most of my 129 SS are in the mid to upper 80s. Just a few are in the mid to upper 60s. After peaking 119, I removed the tin foil and I still kept my 61.5 dish and hooked up through the LNB IN port.

I was tired of UNIHD cutting in and out...but the receiver would never use UNIHD on the 61.5...it usually stayed with 129.

-Mark

i'm a dns tech in the twin cities. first of all (hopefully i didnt miss this) what kind of meter are you using? im using a eagle aspen (just the gray box) our 1k.2 settings here are 113-114 skew and 31-33 elevation. if im running 2 lines to the junction, i usually plug the sat lines in port 1 & 2 and plug my meter into port 3 (129) i usually get 105-110 stregnth on both 110 & 119 and 75-95 signal on 129.

ive sound lost of success aiming and peaking 129 with the 1k.2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)