Installer Not Coming - How to Get Resolved?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Does all this happen to you guys as employees or are ypou self employed contractors?
As a contractor I would want to be able to refuse to drive an hour and a half to a first job. I used to say no on a regular basis and stick the WOs back in the fax so they could get somebody closer.

As an employee I would want the time clock ticking on the way to the first job. When low on fuel I would expect to use the company CC and when the company vehicle was parked expect the time clock to stop.

How are things these days?

joe

Contractors are left with upgrades. Hardly no installs. From 8 until the last job closes the time clock is ticking. I'm in a company vehicle so my truck is paid for including all expenses. The new scheduler cause more WMT's and OTG's then ever before. Example, 1 block from my house there was 2 AM's. it should send me there, nope! Sends me nearly 1 hour away for a service call and then sit until 11:30 waiting on my next job that's a 12-4

Sounds like no improvement,
I used to pass trucks I knew came from the HSP about two hours away. These guys were coming to my area...and getting lost...while I accepted jobs a little further out. I would get the A/Os and upgrades. I took the hint and told them to stuff it...............actually, had to sue the last two installation companies to get paid........collected from one....got a judgment against the other but he left the state. Looks like things are just different but still . . .less than satisfactory.

Thanks,

Joe

Yeah, they did show. Have had a couple of issues freezing, pixelating and losing signal in clear weather, so they are back out tonight rechecking all the connections.

Funny, to me at least, it turns out the original installer was stuck at the house of one of my sons Xbox friends around the corner, apparently for 8 hours, having to completely rewire a house. Both thought the other was waiting for them to get online all afternoon.

Hutch,
The only scheduler I ever saw that worked was me. I got several days of your out of my fax machine. I contacted the customers and scheduled them. Then I informed the installation company what I had arranged. Part of the deal was to keep in touch and immediately inform him of any changes...call in completed jobs when done.

Worked for me,

Joe
Perfect system. In my early days, I would get two or three days worth of work. I would sort them out by location and resort them by difficulty. So some days I would do a little extra driving so as to not give myself say three four tv installs in one day just because they were in a straight shot of each other. I was able to keep my routes real tight. Called all the custys ahead of time. Those that did not answer I would leave a message that sounded rather urgent. I made it sound like their job would be delayed by an extended period of time if they didn't call back. They always did.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)