installer problem

lindenray

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 11, 2008
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
so the installer came out this morning and told me he can not put up the 1000.4 cause of my tree.well I told him as soon as you put it up the tree guy was going to cut the tree.he said the tree has to be done first.but the tree guy says the dish needs to be done first.so im getting yanked around.what should I do do?all I want is my locals in hd here in cincinnati.Im pissed cause he did not do nothing.

Your tree guy is doing the yanking. No LOS, no install. Installer made correct call. Tree gone, Dish up.

he needs to see where to cut the tree.he was not going to cut it all the way down.just at the line of sight.

^^^^ Who is this tree guy? Are you paying HIM money to cut YOUR tree?? If I had a tree guy who I was PAYING HIM money to cut my tree and he told me that he would cut only at the line of sight...I'd tell him to get his a** out of there!! No one tells ME how much they will cut off if I'm paying him.

If it was me...depending on what KIND of tree it was...I'd either remove the tree..or if it is a beauty tree...keep it trimmed WELL BELOW the mast of the dish...not the line of sight.

Geesh...I'm already steamed just by hearing that. :mad::mad:

None of these guys want to be responcible for the other guys actions.

The Installer wants the tree down first, because 90% of of the time the customers are lazy and don't do it and then create an un-necessary trouble call. When I was young and stupid, I couldn't tell you how many installs I did where I told the customer they needed to cut the tree, they said they would, and sure enough 3 months later when the leaves grew in I had a service call to move the Dish and make the impossible happen

The tree guy wants the Dish there, so it cuts the right branches and doesn't have you calling him back to come out for free if he missed a few branches.

You need to get the installer and tree guy there at the same time.

Everyone has been through this already and don't want a repeat visit to come back for free.

yep. the installer cant really trust you or the tree guy. if he has no line of sight and puts the dish up anyway HE is in trouble and may face reprimands.

Go find a dish, any dish. You can get used ones for $10 if you even have to pay at all.

Point it in the general direction the real dish is going.

Call the tree guy. Show him the fake dish.

Tree gets cut.

well I saw screw it.im going to have an outdoor antenna installed and pick them up that way.plus I can get channels that dish don't have.problem solved!!!it's like Im not missing anything.I got 129 110 119 that is all I need, right.

Hi Lindenray and the group, getting your locals by OTA can also give you a better picture and give you something to watch during a rain fade.

I have my OTA antenna hooked up direct to the TV so it works even if the Dish receiver is off. The down side is if you have a DVR you would not be able to record the locals. You may still be able to get the locals to come on during rain fade if you hook the OTA up to your Dish receiver and press the guide button to get the receiver out of it's hunt for the satellites and select one of the locals.

The OTA option should be a win win and make everybody happy including the tree ;)

Later, DC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts