Installer required for vip211????

cbagman

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 10, 2006
I was reviewing some of the past posts for the vip 211. I recently purchased a vip 211 through DishStore and it should be arriving in a couple of days. I am replacing a 322 and can easily connect existing 322 line with a barrell connector to hook up to the vip 211.

Is it true that they may still require a tech for this piece of cake hookup??

Yes, it's very true. Depending on your LNB/dish setup. Unless you already have the 129 or 61.5, you won't maximizethe full benefit of your HD receiver. Most of your HD channels are carried on those birds.

Question. What's this about connecting your 322 line with a barrell connector? Why not simply just connect the line directly to the input on your 211?

Good question. I currently have (in addition to the 322) a 622 with a Dish 1000 and I pickup 129, 110, and 119. We do not have HD locals here so I pickup via OTA antenna.

Since I have the proper dish setup, do you feel they will require an installer? Man, I hope not...

As far as the connections, with my current setup I am swtching rooms and will need to connect to the existing 322 lines and extend into the new room (via barrell connector). Make sense?

Thanks webbydude. I appreciate your quick response....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts