Installer says 61.5 being emptied

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dlwilkes45

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Mar 21, 2007
North Carolina
Had a contract installer come out yesterday to check on a LOS issue. Losing signal from the 129 bird due to neighbors tree. I have a clear shot at the 61.5 for a wing dish, but the installer told me that the 61.5 programs were in the process of being moved from that bird. Feel pretty confident that he was feeding me crap since I haven't heard anything on this topic here. He was running about 2 hours behind schedule, so just think he was looking to just getting to the next job. He said that he would go back to the shop and talk to his boss tomorrow about it and see if that was true. If not then he would contact me about putting up the wing. Does anyone have any info on this? Would like to know. Thanks in advance

To my knowledge nothing is being removed from the 61.5 besides some international programming which is going to the 118.7. If you were just looking for HD, then yes... it was a load of crap.

Thanks again for the replies. Scott, that was my thinking from the get-go. Too much just recently available to start to strip it off already.

It's scary what some installers THINK they know. Most recent tried to tell me 622/722s OTA would not work after Feb 9.:rolleyes:

It's scary what some installers THINK they know. Most recent tried to tell me 622/722s OTA would not work after Feb 9.:rolleyes:

You mean I'm going to lose my OTA on my 622 after 02-09-2009?!?! I thought the 622 was a Y2K compliant box. :p :p :p :p :p

--Grin&Barrett

I heard a similar story that the DN 322 model was going to be obsolete come Feb. 2009 also. HEAVEN FORBID! lol !

Now, if there was a way I could rig up a C-Band/Ku-Band receiver and LNB's to a mini dish or at least use a C-Band/Ku-Band receiver on my DN dish to see programming DN doesn't offer, that would make my day!

Had a contract installer come out yesterday to check on a LOS issue. Losing signal from the 129 bird due to neighbors tree. I have a clear shot at the 61.5 for a wing dish, but the installer told me that the 61.5 programs were in the process of being moved from that bird. Feel pretty confident that he was feeding me crap since I haven't heard anything on this topic here. He was running about 2 hours behind schedule, so just think he was looking to just getting to the next job. He said that he would go back to the shop and talk to his boss tomorrow about it and see if that was true. If not then he would contact me about putting up the wing. Does anyone have any info on this? Would like to know. Thanks in advance

Well, those 2 customers that last week I put in 61.5 wing dishes due to one not having line of sight and the other the 129 was too close to a tree for my comfort, guess they are screwed!!;);)

The 61.5 is definitelty still being used.

I had the same thing from an installer. They were there to repoint my dish because I had lost signal from 129. He took down my VHF antenna, saying that in February it wouldn't work anyway. I asked him how I was supposed to receive my 56 local digital stations. He said that they were analog. BS, they are digital, and I have been receiving them since 2003.

He left before the guide data downloaded to the box, and wouldn't wait for me to show him that he just disabled all of my local channels. He said that I was getting my locals from Dish. Dish only provides a small subset of the available local digital channels in the Los Angeles area.

I called and complained to his supervisor, but I ended up climbing back on roof and re-installing my OTA antenna myself. I have the channels back, but why would the local Dish installer feel the need to remove my own equipment from my house? That antenna has its own cable that feeds the house, it doesn't affect the Dish signals at all.

....He took down my VHF antenna, saying that in February it wouldn't work anyway.
:eek:IIRC He's not allowed to touch ANYTHING on your home besides the Dishnet stuff. I remember when I switched from D* to E* my installer said he couldn't take down my old D* dish. But removing an antenna that's yours? That's pushing it!:mad:

I had almost the same story told to me. Installer was sent to my house by Dish to move me from 129 to 61.5 because of issues I had with 129, and because my locals were being moved to 61.5. When the installer got here he refused to install the 61.5 dish because he said " The government is taking 61.5 away from Dish"

Truth was he was a lazy SOB and he had no ladder to get on my roof. I called Dish and they sent another guy out the next weekend to put the 61.5 dish on my roof. These guys will say anything to not do the work, or do it as fast and sloppy as they can. They dont care, they get their money either way.

By any chance was he a contractor with Rocking R TV? They are awful. I went through 3 of their guys and each was as bad as the next. I finally made Dish send a contractor from another firm.

I had the same thing from an installer. They were there to repoint my dish because I had lost signal from 129. He took down my VHF antenna, saying that in February it wouldn't work anyway. I asked him how I was supposed to receive my 56 local digital stations. He said that they were analog. BS, they are digital, and I have been receiving them since 2003.

He left before the guide data downloaded to the box, and wouldn't wait for me to show him that he just disabled all of my local channels. He said that I was getting my locals from Dish. Dish only provides a small subset of the available local digital channels in the Los Angeles area.

I called and complained to his supervisor, but I ended up climbing back on roof and re-installing my OTA antenna myself. I have the channels back, but why would the local Dish installer feel the need to remove my own equipment from my house? That antenna has its own cable that feeds the house, it doesn't affect the Dish signals at all.

That is why homeowners are allowed to have shot guns in their homes, to stop installers from illegally removeing your property. You should have threatened to shoot hime if he did not put the antenna back up. I would have.

That is why homeowners are allowed to have shot guns in their homes, to stop installers from illegally removeing your property. You should have threatened to shoot hime if he did not put the antenna back up. I would have.

Too much downside to that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts