Installers: Alternative to Diplexing a line with 5LNB dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I thought aec4 was going to try a diplexer on the AT9 and be the first to report success. As stated before, it should work fine until 2007 because the 250-750 band is not supposed to be used until then.
Bob

dragon002 said:
short of wall fishing. no. you could use an exposed exterior coax run, but you don't seem to want to.
there is one more option. a set of wireless remote extenders (pyramids, rabbits are trade names) AND a set of wireless video extenders from radio shack. then place the IRD where it is convenient and watch away!
other than that, you are out of options.
Thanks.. I'm probably going to wall fish, and I don't mind doing it. However, it wasn't worth the effort if there was an easier way. I appreciate the response. I think we'll fish through the sheething (sp) on the outside in the spring

little dish guy said:
I thought aec4 was going to try a diplexer on the AT9 and be the first to report success. As stated before, it should work fine until 2007 because the 250-750 band is not supposed to be used until then.
Bob
I will, but I'm not letting the installer on my roof today. He can install my h20 (and he better, since that's what I primarily asked for, and DirecTV would not send it to me to install) but with the snow/ice up there after last night's snow, he's not going up there.

If he doesn't come with my receiver, since my DST3000 is dying, then DirecTV better send me a NEW one, not refurbished. They've sent me new receivers before so I know they can do it.

Is it possible to diplex your modem/cable line and the DTV line together after the multiswitch,using one of the receiver outputs on the switch? Or is this not possible with the new dish,(mpeg4)?

I want to do this with a 5x8 I want to get to replace a 4x8 so I can run my cable too through the switch and have it available on all 8 outputs. I know it will work,but it wouldn't with the new 6x8,in case I upgrade the dish later?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)