Installers Care?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jguy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 28, 2004
I may have to setup a service call because i am having trouble with DTVs junk HD DVRs. Would an installer care if he didn't find all the receivers in my house when he came? Does it just depend on the individual installer? Some might be in my "RV or something". Thanks for the input.

Counting boxes is not his job. DTV will send him to your service address to check the box you want repaired. After checking that setup he may be able to replace the defective receiver.

Some HSP managers can be real pricks and attempt to enforce a "last man out" program that would require your tech to evaluate the condition of the absent receivers. IF you bring the absent receivers back and they don't work the same prick will try to back charge your tech.

Joe

With the new system DirecTV is using, the installer is given a list of every receiver active on your account. Part of his job on a service call, and DirecTV is really hammering this right now, is to ensure that the entire system is working correctly and is up to code.

Since the OP is obviously involved in account stacking or something else violating the TOS, he should be prepared to accept the consequences if he gets caught.

With the new system DirecTV is using, the installer is given a list of every receiver active on your account. Part of his job on a service call, and DirecTV is really hammering this right now, is to ensure that the entire system is working correctly and is up to code.

Since the OP is obviously involved in account stacking or something else violating the TOS, he should be prepared to accept the consequences if he gets caught.

I have a rec. in MY RV and that is NOT account stacking ...

I agree with Joe, chances are, no problem, they are there to fix the box in question.
They have never asked where my other HD DVR is.
That said, my one in the RV is listed that way on thier records.

That and D* has jumped the ante for tattletales from a $250 to $500 reward

I agree with Joe, chances are, no problem, they are there to fix the box in question.

The system has changed. You may not be privilege to all that information but it has changed.

True, but the way the OP phrased his comment as ""Some might be in my "RV or something"" leads one to believe that may not be the case, especially since he implies multiple receivers might be missing.

The system has changed. You may not be privilege to all that information but it has changed.
Yep.

Go with the word of iwc.........I won't work for the HSPs because of crap like that. Installers install. Let DTV pay some QC folks.

Joe

That and D* has jumped the ante for tattletales from a $250 to $500 reward----------------

and how would one go about getting one of these "awards"

I'd just have them come out. Tell them you have X amount of active lines, and you are only seeing a problem on that receiver. With an HD DVR, it could be a number of things- dish alignment, corroded/improper fittings, or a multiswitch if applicable.

As an HSP tech, I know I don't inspect the system as deeply as I should as a service tech, as in if you report your problem on one receiver, I will start there. I will ask if your other receivers have been having a problem as well, or ask to see another receiver to find a like symptom. I'll still check and service the system from dish to IRD to find the resolution. But I won't inquire about missing receivers unless the receiver I am servicing isn't posted on the account and is giving me an error code other than 711 (service not activated). If they happen to ask, your receiver is in your RV, and if they want to see it, your brother has it in another state right now for a family vacation.

But you should be fine. I wouldn't worry about it unless something fraudulent is going on.

Care to expand on that ? (System has changed )

It's already been spoken on.
I can tell you this much D* really wants *us* to turn in people suspected of fraud. Not to ask the sub about missing ird's, just their account # and information. They are handling it from there.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts