Installers had trouble installing :(

Yeah - I'm going to call them and tell them to bring a Quality Service Agent, and to do a pre call. I hope the come right at 8 oclock, wake me up on a Saturday morning, and install this with no trouble. Shouldn't be too hard running a cable right? Just follow the other cables which are marked TV1 and TV2 I think.

and also tell them you want to be 1st am job some times people get routed with multiple am jobs and tech cant get to all of them in mornings

This guy I couldn't understand one word he said. WHen I did understand what he was saying, he said the same thing around 5 times without completing half the sentence. Rediculous. I asked him and pretty much told him to bring a quality care agent, he said he can't do that. Then i said can we have the first AM job, he said he can't guarentee that either. Is there a Number I can call with Americans? Seriously this is rediculous lol. I got a voicemail on my cell phone about instillation, I'll give them a call.

THanks,
ZaCH

Edit. Called the nice folks on the phone. Nice nice man, he confirmed we were the first, and said we were unlucky for the first appointment, cause that installer is known for laziness around here. He said they'll do whatever it takes to make us happy, they'll spend all day if needed. He said i'll probably be pretty easy to drill a hole on the wall and install it.

Thanks

Last edited:
Unfortunately, we have the same issues with 1 particular call center when they call into our DNS offices, so your frustration with that CSR is totally understandable. Calling into dish and getting an American is hit and miss, depending on where you are calling from and what time you are calling. We have installers that will call and hang up 3 or 4 times before they get a CSR they can understand.

CSRs can't garauntee special requests such as first am because they don't route the jobs for any specific office. Once you have a work order set-up through the call center, you are better off calling your local office directly and making the request through them. That way, your job can be routed to a technician to fit your needs as best as possible, within reason. First AM is usually the easiest, it's when you are requesting after a certain time that gets complicated depending on size of job and location of country (due to what time it gets dark and whether the tech works 8 or 10 hour days,ect.)

volkodav said:
Unfortunately retailers, which is who sounds like did the install in this case, don't go through DNS training. As a DNS tech, I have more rules that need to be followed when it comes to installs.

I agree that the CSRs need improvement.
ROFLMAO! "More training" my butt. Did you get the whole hour from DNSC?

I've been doing this for over a decade - since before Dish started. Never saw a DNSC worth much - unless they took their own initiative to learn what they REALLY neded to know (like Van).

I think that all of us who have been doing installations for E* or D* will agree that the training for new installers is poor to worse. This includes from both the contractor and DNSC side. My experience with the DNSC is they lack experience and creativity, But they are not paid for these qualitys. The contractors is usually very good or very bad depending on there experience, The bad ones usully end up finding other opportunities and the good ones stay in the industry.

As for myself I have found more creative solutions for customers problems on this form than from any CSR (worthless including advanced tech) or publication produced from dish.

I'm not an installer but from what I can read in the forums, the DNSC installers are thrown into the fire. They are given more work that they can handle and they are not paid well. There is not incentive for them to be creative and they just need to finish their daily work load. IMO this is all Dish Network's fault.

As for the contractors, they have more time to do a better job and most of you take pride in your work thus the better quality of work.

Contractors may be better in some parts of the country. In Minnesota, they are worse. DNS techs end up re-doing almost every job that a contractor does. The sub used most often recently came into our DNS office for training because their manager wanted to improve the quality of work his technicians were doing. DNS doesn't pay the greatest, but contractors here aren't either. The quality of work comes from the pride of the tech. Our office is consistently rated in the top 5 in the country for customer service/quality of installs, etc not because of how well the techs are paid, but because we pride ourselves in doing good work. It is a team effort from all aspects...managers, dispatch, and techs. Even the dispatchers go out in the field with techs so that dispatch and the techs know what each other goes through each day. Our customers tend to call us directly because they know they will get somewhere with us rather than the CSC. We try not to have them even call into it, unless it is something completely out of control. We have had many customers say they wish they can only deal with us because we are actually willing to help them. Our office has managed to save many customers just by putting in a little effort to go the extra mile to help them out.

There are a lot of things that need improvement with Dish, but that is in any company. All we can do is try our best. Everyone in the company should be doing ride alongs to see what other departments do, it makes it much easier to work as a team. Many issues with the CSC come from the fact that they have no idea what goes on in a DNS office or what the techs do in the field. Therefore, they start promising customer's things that aren't possible. This is where many conflicts arise.

Contractors may be better in some parts of the country.
Did I misspeak before? I did'nt mean fufillment contractors - they're generally bad, too.

I meant RETAILERS that do their own installs - at least those that have been in business more than 2 years.

There is a big difference between retailers and contractors. Private retailers do tend to do a better job at an install because they rely on referrals to stay in business. However, we have seen in this area a handful of retailers who no call no show on customers more often than not. This isn't to say that contractors don't, however it creates problems with people who don't understand the difference between a retailer tech and DNS.

As quoted by the new installer
The other people were dumb and dumber.
This went up in like no time..

This guy didn't have a Dish truck, he said the other people were traine's, and he used to be them 6 years ago. So yay!

Is there a way to unlock the Parental Controls without knowing the password? Cause I had the person block soem channels for me, but he blocked one that I didn't ask him to. I don't want to really call customer service either, takes too long and I can barely understand what they say.

I Don't Know If Anyone Thought Of This, But There Is A Difference Between Rg 59 Cable And Rg 6, If You Can See A Piece Of It (from The Wall Or In Utility Room) It Will Say It On There, We Shouldn't/can't Use Rg59 On Any Installs Of Satellite Tv, It Still Works For Some Cable Companies And Uhf/vhf Analog Signal If That Is Available, That Might Be What The Installers Encountered, They Should Have Caught That When Prescreening Home Before Or Beginning Of Appointment Before Installing Anything! Otherwise Any Splitters In A Direct Line Can Be A Problem Too. Sometimes Techs Can Use Rca Cones, Video Senders Or Rf/uhf Remote Upgrade Kits To Produce Tv On Second Location Without Direct Cable Line, However Signal Might Not Look As Good. Just Some Thoughts For You!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts