Installers had trouble installing :(

ZachMetal

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 13, 2006
Hey,
Well they came out today to try to install the dish network. THey put the dish on the roof and everything. They got signal from the dish to the box outside. Then from outside to inside it was all good. Then from the box inside to one TV room upstairs it didn't work. Another room did get signal, but htat's not a room we'd like to have a TV. THen another room with this internet can't get connection since we have internet:confused: Is there a way to fix these problems? Any suggestions? Is there something wrong in the cable? They said something was wrong with that the cable could recieve cable signal but not satellite, but it was the right cable or something.

Please help!!
Thanks in advanced,
Zach

if you have cable Internet on that line then we don't touch it other wise your Internet will go out best suggestion i can mace ran new line there

What does mace mean?

But that one room that doesn't work doesn't have the TV. In here doesn't work since the internet (different room)

ZachMetal said:
Hey,
Well they came out today to try to install the dish network. THey put the dish on the roof and everything. They got signal from the dish to the box outside. Then from outside to inside it was all good. Then from the box inside to one TV room upstairs it didn't work. Another room did get signal, but htat's not a room we'd like to have a TV. THen another room with this internet can't get connection since we have internet:confused: Is there a way to fix these problems? Any suggestions? Is there something wrong in the cable? They said something was wrong with that the cable could recieve cable signal but not satellite, but it was the right cable or something.
Please help!!
Thanks in advanced,
Zach

Is this upper room a cable off a splitter somewhere, maybe with the cable? Satellite can't run through a splitter, well at least the older stuff can't. Reciever work? Can you get cable picture from the wire in that room now? If so, must seperate from cable signal.

Yes we can get signal in that room now for cable as we're watching the Football game. We called to cancel the cable so do you think maybe because the cable's on the dish can't also?

volkodav said:
did techs check connections, did they traced lines?
Yep. And nothing happened to that room. Only for the other room. This room they didn't even try since the internet is here

in my opinion if your cable worked and when dish came out it didn't, there is a splitter somewhere, or tech missed something

volkodav said:
in my opinion if your cable worked and when dish came out it didn't, there is a splitter somewhere, or tech missed something

Yeah the problem is, where is it? It's probably somewhere in the middle of a wall, I don't think they had the tools to access it.

Also, is there a way to work the dish in the same room as the Internet with my situation? The guys told us to have an electrician.

volkodav said:
can you tell me what exactly didn't work, he couldn't get sat signal or picture on 2nd TV?

Ok Room 1 where it doesn't work. Room 2 has the internet. Room 3 has signal, but we didn't want them to leave with just that room installed and have an 18 month agreement to that room, since it's not big enough for a tv. Room 4 is my room - don't want it there (wasn't tested) They didn't get signal on teh TV Room #1. But the cable works there now.

cable Internet uses same frequency as dish it may work for a day or so then it goes out. can you put your modem in basement or same other coax plate that you are not using for satellite and get wireless router. the way it will free up that wall plate

I can do it wireless actually. But I don't have a wireless card for my computer.. I can get one though

there has to be a splitter some where. cable signal will work through anything. satellite wont because we use 13 and 18 volt electricity to switch between 119, 110, and odds, and evens

Yeah. Thats what I originally thought. But thats pissing me off that htey couldn't have found it and solve dit the 4 hours they were there.

they can find it but do you really want holes in your walls? and tech trying to avoid damages. did they give you option of running new line to that location?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)