Installers - Pole size for superdish?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dalzotto

Original poster
Apr 18, 2004
Hello All-

I'm a current Voom subscriber that will be making the switch to Dish pretty soon.

I have 2 available poles already in my front yard with a clear view to all the birds I need to see. One pole has a standard directv dish on it (unused) and I think the pole diameter is like 1-1/2" or so.

There is another pole that I sunk that is about 2-1/4" diameter with no dish mounted to it.

What diameter pole does the superdish need? Both poles are really solid and I'd like to use one of them for the new install. I want to be prepared in case the diameter is too small or large to accomidate the superdish. If I need to, I'll sink another pole myself before the installer arrives.

Thanks!

There are two sizes for Superdish.. it depends on whether you have a metal dish or a composite dish.

Metal: 2" outside diameter... good luck finding one, you have better luck looking for pipe.

Composite: 2 3/8" outside diameter. A typical large fence pole. Easy to find at a hardware store or fence retailer.

Which dish is more commonly used (if there is one) ? I don't have the dish yet but will be getting installed soon.

It's hard to say. We don't know until we open the box.

If you can find out who's installing your dish, you can call them and ask them. Call 800 333-3474 (DISH) and ask the CSR to be forwarded to the install office that will be sent to your house, and ask them. You'll probably have better luck calling on monday.

Welcome to Satelliteguys!

bcshields said:
There are two sizes for Superdish.. it depends on whether you have a metal dish or a composite dish.

Metal: 2" outside diameter... good luck finding one, you have better luck looking for pipe.
Not really tuff. Auto parts stores and muffler shops carry 2" aluminized steel tubing.

Type 1 is 2" in diameter which is a metal dish. Type 2 is 2 3/8" in diameter which is the plastic/fiberglass dish. This one is being discontinued but there may be some that are still left over. I like it better plus it uses a more common pole size.

Stargazer said:
Type 1 is 2" in diameter which is a metal dish. Type 2 is 2 3/8" in diameter which is the plastic/fiberglass dish. This one is being discontinued but there may be some that are still left over. I like it better plus it uses a more common pole size.

Darn' that means if I am to ever get a SD (My locals are on 105 and I doubt charlie will ever move them) I'll have to get some obsecure pole!

Thats exactly the point. You may be able to get a pole from your local retailer but they cost $10 or so each and he may try to charge $20 or so to make a profit. You could make an adapter onto the bigger pole to adapt to the smaller pole in order to get the dish to work with one of your existing poles that you already have up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)