Installers thinking they can do what they want

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Well it's now settled. I just talked with the owner and he said it received a call from Direct TV to appologize for the damage done to his buildings and that they will work with him on fixing the damage. He said they also agreed that no drilling should have taken place without the permission of the owner or manager.

So it seems anyone with the notion that the installer has freedom to do anything they wish to get sat installed is incorrect. :rolleyes:
More likely the hsp is gonna pay for it,then in return they'll go back and try to get the techs to pay for the damages.

Or just maybe the after 5 issue is because the tenant ALSO has a JOB !

I do plenty of phone install in apt's, normally if a jack needs to be placed the issue is , "Was the landlord informed and do you have a paper authorization from the landlord allowing us to do the install?"
If the answer is NO, we tell them to reschedule when that have the authorization slip.

Jimbo

Yes that too,

The fulfillment work I do works best because I call the customer the night before and coordinate an arrival time. And I respect the time loss from their Jobs. But it is possible to get suckered into one of these deals.

My fav landlord reason for NO dishes is...." this is public housing and my company does not plan to be on the evening news to explain how public funds go to pay for those dishes"..... Cable was ok because it can't be seen from the road.

Joe

Well it's now settled. I just talked with the owner and he said it received a call from Direct TV to appologize for the damage done to his buildings and that they will work with him on fixing the damage. He said they also agreed that no drilling should have taken place without the permission of the owner or manager.

So it seems anyone with the notion that the installer has freedom to do anything they wish to get sat installed is incorrect. :rolleyes:

Doesn't prove jack. Once again they are going after the wrong people but I know why. Chase the money, not the person who authorized the tech to do it. If they tech has that form that I linked you signed your complex won't get nothing. I'm pretty sure the property lawyers will say that same thing if you bothered to show the form to them.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)