Installing 222k and 612

Kraven

Resident Bozo
Original poster
Jun 2, 2012
Northern, VT
Am running a blank here. Going to sub to America HD within the next few days (location North. VT). 1st am I better off w/ an EA or WA dish? Also, my understanding is there is a switch installed within LNB, therefore do I need to run 4 cables from the dish to the 2 receivers or can I get away w/ running 2 into a 4 output multiplexor ?

Cheers, K

Am running a blank here. Going to sub to America HD within the next few days (location North. VT). 1st am I better off w/ an EA or WA dish? Also, my understanding is there is a switch installed within LNB, therefore do I need to run 4 cables from the dish to the 2 receivers or can I get away w/ running 2 into a 4 output multiplexor ?

Cheers, K
First of all what is wrong with the free install for new customers? Or is it north beyond the border?

EA or WA is determined by where your local channels are broadcast from

Built in switch is a DPP so each receiver only needs one cable with a seperator on the back of the receiver

Last edited:
Am running a blank here. Going to sub to America HD within the next few days (location North. VT). 1st am I better off w/ an EA or WA dish?
Burlington locals are on 61.5 in HD so you'd want an Eastern Arc dish (61.5/72/77)

Also, my understanding is there is a switch installed within LNB, therefore do I need to run 4 cables from the dish to the 2 receivers or can I get away w/ running 2 into a 4 output multiplexor ?

Cheers, K

the switch is built in. All you need to do is run one cable for each receiver. You should have got a separator for each receiver. (looks like a splitter but its not). 2 cables from the dish. Put a separator on each cable. Hook one separator up to the 222 and the other to the 612
Or you could run 4 lines but thats kinda overkill ;)

@ Boba--> That was a bit harsh mate.
@ Ice --> Thanks for the explanation. I bought the gear for a fellow Satelliteguys member and it didnt come w/ any seperators nor UHF antenna (222k)

Cheers, K

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)