Installing a Dish 500 near an electric motor

BCH

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Sep 10, 2003
Atlanta GA
I am considering relocating my 61.5 dish to a point higher on my roof in an attempt to get a better signal from 129. The location that I have selected, which just happens to be the highest and easiest point to reach, will have an electric roof ventilation fan approximately 2 feet behind the dish. Is it likely that I will receive any type of electrical interference from the motor? If so is there a general rule of thumb that could be used to determine the minimum distance I could place the dish from the motor and not receive any interference?

Last edited:
BCH said:
I am considering relocating my 61.5 dish to a point higher on my roof in an attempt to get a better signal from 129. The location that I have selected, which just happens to be the highest and easiest point to reach, will have an electric roof ventilation fan approximately 2 feet behind the dish. Is it likely that I will receive any type of electrical interference from the motor? If so is there a general rule of thumb that could be used to determine the minimum distance I could place the dish from the motor and not receive any interference?

i rember reading somewhere that a minimum of 6 inches is needed when running any outher cable near electrical. so i thing u should be ok. trial and error i guess, if you do experience anything please post such info

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)