Installing a HNS9000 KA for the first time.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

kryppy

Original poster
Jun 5, 2009
Miami
So I have been around installing since Captain Midnight..haha and have done every system under the arc but a 9000.

I tried one today and just couldn't get any signal. I have since figured out I need to set the skew to LHP and use the level things in the DAP box...lol..I knew the feed horn spun for a reason, but it started raining.

I have a pretty good handle on most of the process, but could someone give me a quick run down in a nut shell so I don't have to go waste hours on the HNS learning site?? I promise I will contribute some good posts in other threads for some help. ;)

could someone give me a quick run down in a nut shell so I don't have to go waste hours on the HNS learning site??
Um, based upon a couple obvious misconceptions in your post - I think a " learning site" would be a more appropriate place to start. Technically, you're not authorized to install the Ka-system without a Hughes Ka-certification.

//greg//

Last edited:
Um, based upon a couple obvious misconceptions in your post - I think a " learning site" would be a more appropriate place to start. Technically, you're not authorized to install the Ka-system without a Hughes Ka-certification.

//greg//

That is true, but I do have Everything from AOL+ to 7000, Mobil and have been doing DirecPC since we had to put an ISA card in the customers PC. I normally work on commercial Telsat Vsats at car dealerships, but got roped into this. I can't believe I like a PES better..

I guarantee I will have this system up and running in under an hour when I get back to the dish now that I understand the quadrants of the feedhorn, with or without any help from anyone.

I can't remember my stupid vantif login or I would just go run through the tests. If only the DAP came with instructions. haha

hmmmmmmmmm

I'm not trolling, promise.

You can ask me any question regarding ANY satellite system 'but' the HNS 9000 and I can answer it. I have tons of stories from the beta days of Starband and Direcway when I was doing the higher ups installs as well as hell, anything related to satellite.

My installer ID is only three digits. ;)

I'm not trolling, promise.

You can ask me any question regarding ANY satellite system 'but' the HNS 9000 and I can answer it. I have tons of stories from the beta days of Starband and Direcway when I was doing the higher ups installs as well as hell, anything related to satellite.

My installer ID is only three digits. ;)

This is a quick installation guide. You should be able to figure it out with this.

Attachments

• FSB_080416_01A_Ka_Install_tips.pdf
    762.2 KB · Views: 392
This is a quick installation guide. You should be able to figure it out with this.

I wish I would have checked the forum sooner, thanks for the pdf, I need to read it for sure!

Weather finally allowed me back out there today, once I rotated the wave guide 45 degrees I was sitting on the satellite and got an SQL of 186 instantly. Figuring out the DAP button sequence and the use of the 'squinter' (what a stupid name) was a little tricky, but I managed to make it pass in 45 minutes. Thank goodness it was a non pen on the ground in a secure area!

All in all, I say it was easier than a 6000, but give me a one way DirecPC ISA card install for $300 any day of the week....The good old days where you could ID a satellite by the analog channels on a satlook spectrum analyzer are gone...

Just read this PDF, simply awesome.

It just needs a few things added and it would be perfect for anyone to install one easily. With the pathetic pay for doing one they should let the customers self install at this point, and pay a nice service call to go make it work if they run into trouble.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)