Water in HughesNet Transceiver...

cdre

Original poster
Jun 23, 2009
AZ
I recently established service and successfully setup my used equipment. Everything was operable until a heavy shower came and my system status constantly showed an inability to connect with the NOC on the transmitter's side. I eventually opened the transmitter's case, and as I had guessed, there was water in the case. I carefully cleaned and dried all components with compressed air and re-soldered the connection where the coax cable mounts to the board, but I have yet to be able to get the transmitter working again. Before I buy a replacement transmitter, is there any advice anyone may be able to provide in making my system work again?

I'm using an HN7000s with the 2 watt ISIS transceiver.

I have never seen water inside the transmitter case before. Sometimes you will find water inside the feedhorn or maybe inside the waveguide. When you get a new transmitter there is nothing special to do because it is a sealed unit. Make sure to use the supplied O rings and if there is a plastic seal across the waveguide leave it in place. it will prevent water getting inside the transmitter and will not affect the signal.

Transmitters do fail but a more common occurance is that the antenna is slightly out of alignment and your modem is failing the cross poll test. That is the first thing to check.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)