installing an HD dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ms2542

Original poster
Oct 1, 2010
iowa
Hi,

Recently I switched to Direct TV and the installers came out and put up the new dish and took down the old dish from Dish Network. A couple of days later I got to thinking about the holes in my roof and I couldn't remember if they left the foot or the mast on the roof. Do you know if it's standard practice to leave the mast of the old satellite so there aren't any holes in someone's roof? I REALLY don't want to crawl up there and see for myself.

Thanks for your help!

Hi,

Recently I switched to Direct TV and the installers came out and put up the new dish and took down the old dish from Dish Network. A couple of days later I got to thinking about the holes in my roof and I couldn't remember if they left the foot or the mast on the roof. Do you know if it's standard practice to leave the mast of the old satellite so there aren't any holes in someone's roof? I REALLY don't want to crawl up there and see for myself.

Thanks for your help!

Often the mast and base are left behind, but if they took the mast they most certainly left the base.

I would hope they would have taken the mast, but sometime I see they don't... as long as they don't take the foot you should be OK, then again, looks dumb having a foot on your roof (worse if the mast is left).
If it were me, I'd go up and remove the mast and foot and patch the roof. Then again, my roof is an easy roof to work on.

That said, I don't add dishes to my roof because I don't want to be in that situation.

Status
Please reply by conversation.