Installing Comcast Internet to DirecTV Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

trickedmx6

Original poster
Jun 29, 2005
How do you do this? The comcast self install kit says that the line needs to be split, but when I do that, I lose my sat. picture (it says searching for sat. signal). What am I doing wrong??

Can you provide some specifics?, like, how are you hooking this up, are you trying to combine the comcast and sat signal at a multiswitch, then seperting them out at the receiver, if not, can you elaborate? along the lines of what receiver you have, dish type (dual, 3lnb, or at9), is their a multiswitch in place for the sat, if so what configuration is the switch (i.e. 4x8, 5x8 etc).

BTW, if you are trying to put a cable tv splitter on a coax that carries the satellite signal, it won't work.

Last edited:
Your cable modem and directv are two completely different systems. Like damaged said, you cannot split your directv cable and plug your cable modem into one side. Your cable modem needs to be plugged into the coax coming from your local cable system. Now, are you talking about combining your satellite and cable on one line? If so, then you would need a pair of diplexors.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts