Installing Dish - Am I doing something wrong?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

GJvdB

Original poster
Sep 23, 2005
I just bought an new 33" dish, LNBF and receiver so I can watch BVN tv from the T-5 satallite. But I can't get it to work. As far as I know I installed everything as it is supposed to be done. I'm in Jacksonville Florida. Installed the dish at: Azimuth 207, Elevation 51. Correct cable and directly ground wired the dish. With my satfinder I'm getting a strong signal. But my tuner seems not to get the (right) signal. Low Signal Strenght and Low Signal Quality.

What I'm I doing wrong? Is there something in the settings of the tuner I need to change?

Tuner: Digiwave DG7000

LNB: Gigiwave, Standard KU LNBF, Digital Ready, DG 668, RF: 10.70 / 12.75GHz, IF: 950 / 2150MHz, LO 9.750/10.600GHz, Gain: 55dB, Noise Figure: 0.5 dB.

The channel I'm most interested in: BVN TV, 11929, V

Information Setup Screen:
- Antenna Setup: 1
- Type: Fixed
- Satellite: T-5
- LNB Type: Univ
- LNB Freq. 1: 9750
- LNB Freq. 2: 10600
- 0/12 Volt: None
- 22KHz: None
- DiSEqC: None
- C/Ku Band Control: None

Channel Seach Screen:
- Antenna: 1
- Satellite: T-5
- Position: Disable
- Transponder: TP5
- Frequency: 11.929
- Symbol Rate: 22.000
- Polarization: Ver
- 22KHz: X

- Strength: 60
- Quality: 40

until the quality bar turns yellow, you dont have a signal

Since the LNB is a Universal, make sure the 22K is ON

What I would do is in the setup, change the LNB to Standard, both LO's to 10600 and turn the 22K on. Then you know for sure you have the right LNB settings :)

Satfinders are good but they will always pull you to the strongest satellite wherever you are pointing in the sky. Its best to enter a LIVE channel/TP. then have a TV beside the dish as you point, watching only for signal QUALITY on the screen.

Thank's for the advise. After I'm coming home tonight I will try it again. And I will let you know if I can get it to work.

If you are new to setting up dishs concider getting a in-line signal meter and a standard Ku LNBF. If will save a LOT of time.

Good luck!

GJvdB said:
Thank's for the advise. After I'm coming home tonight I will try it again. And I will let you know if I can get it to work.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)