Installing Dish Network

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Dragonfly2296

Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
I just recently moved and my new home has a dish network satellite on it. I have three reciever boxes with smart cards. Is it possible to order dish network for one room, and split the line so that I can watch it in the other rooms without having to pay the $5 extra per tv a month? Can I do this is such a way as being able to watch different channels on different tv's? I do have the 3 of the boxes that sit by the tv. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. :bow

You can split the signal out of the reciever but you will be watching the same thing on all mirrored outlets.

Installing Part II

I have three revievers (the black box with the smart card). I just don't won't to have to pay five extra dollars per extra tv to watch it on the other channels. I DO HAVE ONE BOX FOR EACH TV. I mean 10 extra dollars a month adds up. !protest That's $120 a year just for the extra tv's.

The only way is to do what dishjockey mentioned above. Split the signal output from one rcvr. You will watch the same channel on both tv's.

Other than that, you need to pay the $4.99 add'l outlet fee.

Doesn't the DHA let you have a 322 with no extra monthly charge? The 322 is capable of driving 2 TVs watching 2 different shows at the same time. Maybe even get a 522 PVR. I forget if there's a $5/month fee for the PVR features on that one.

Anyway, do you own your existing receivers? You could sell them to make up for some of the monthly charges. 322/522 can NOT be owned, but they wouldn't be left lying around due to the non-return charges.

DHA and a 322

SimpleSimon said:
Doesn't the DHA let you have a 322 with no extra monthly charge? The 322 is capable of driving 2 TVs watching 2 different shows at the same time. Maybe even get a 522 PVR. I forget if there's a $5/month fee for the PVR features on that one.

Anyway, do you own your existing receivers? You could sell them to make up for some of the monthly charges. 322/522 can NOT be owned, but they wouldn't be left lying around due to the non-return charges.

I'm not familar with DHA what is it?
Is the 322 the model number?
:confused:

For new customers, DHA is Digital Home Advantage... marketer-speak for 'home lease plan'

A 322 rcvr is like two 301's in one box. They're available only to DHA customers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)