Installing your own Dish

FrankJo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 6, 2004
DC Metro Area
Has anyone installed their own dish? There seems to be so much talk about having a larger dish (better signal strength, rain fade reduction). Will this be pointless if Voom is going to be upgrading the dishes in October? Will a 30" be compatible come October (when the swithch is made to mpeg4)?

What kind do I want to get and where do I get one from? How much do they cost?

FrankJo said:
Has anyone installed their own dish? There seems to be so much talk about having a larger dish (better signal strength, rain fade reduction). Will this be pointless if Voom is going to be upgrading the dishes in October? Will a 30" be compatible come October (when the swithch is made to mpeg4)? What kind do I want to get and where do I get one from? How much do they cost?
Some people had VOOM upgrade their dishes to bigger ones for free. I don't know if these were exceptions, or a policy. I wouldn't buy my own dish: first of all, why pay for it if VOOM can install it for you for free. Second, as you mentioned there is an October upgrade coming. Third, self-install may violate your service agreement...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts