Installs Inc, trying to fix ProStar Digital's screwups in Ohio

mkatts

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2004
I had a Field supervisor show up to my house today asking about the quality of service I recieved from ProStar Digital in Columbus Ohio. He took a bunch of pictures. Was pissed at how they ran the cable from the the OTA ant down the fron of the house then wrapped around to the back. They didn't use weatherproof connectors. They didn't ground the dish.

He said they have had 1 out 3 Voom subscribers cancel because of the lack of OTA reception. Especially since I am 12 miles from all towers. He confirmed my belief that my NBC station is over powering my STB. But he also said they never should have installed the Winegard 2000A ant since it's more for a longer range.

He was pretty upset. More so than I was. I got tired of dealing with the lack of reception and dealing with Prostar so I figured out a work around.

Installs, Inc wants to send another guy out from a new company to fix the screw ups. I told him have at it!

We'll see how it pans out. Installs said they are doing a site survey of every install that Prostar has done to see if anything needs to be repaired. So if you are in Columbus, OH, you may be getting a knock on the door soon.

VOOM and Installs Inc. go the "extra mile" to see to it our VOOM equipment is installed properly. I even had the infamous Joe Harkins over my place last month to QC their work. Having said that, Installs Inc. continue to hire the same...well, less than fully qualified OTA subcontractors who continue to botch installs. But they are getting better!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)