Intelligent answers for stupid questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
OK, I'm back and will try this again. Like I said before I worked one of my non-scheduled days last week so only had one day off for surfing and such. Rv1pop, give me a second to figure out how to PM and I'll get one out to you.
Again, I'd like to say thanks for all the replies to my posted questions. All your info has helped, I haven't run yet, but it takes quite a while for me to get a project to completion, what with work and then the farm.
Pixl, we live across the state north of Oscoda, on a dead end road in the woods. Our cell phones only work when in town, not out here in the woods. Along the same lines we have "dail-up" internet service, so no NETFLIX not even short clips or youtube. The dish is a six foot eight(?) inch dish on a eight inch pole cemented in the ground. Some trees may have to be trimmed to get the far end satellites. Normal TV consists of "digital" channels out of Alpena Michigan of 11.1 and 11.2. We don't have lots of time to watch TV anyway so no big deal. We don't sit n watch TV, therefore series programs are not our cup of tea. She would love to get RFD-TV and I like to watch Discovery, History and National Geographic kind of stuff. We don't usually have the time to watch a complete movie. Heck with the "new and improved" digital signals that we now get we still get the "weak or no signal" message frequently during a program so even if we wanted to we can't watch a complete show.
TV viewing isn't the thing that makes my world go round. I just thought that there might be something that's worth watching instead of the "weak or no signal" message.
Thanks again for all you help and suggestions. I'll check out some of the other sites listed and see what's available on craigslist and ebay. If I get anything going it'll be later on when the weather stops haying and machine repair. Thanks.

Just listening to all that work has made my muscles sore.

Funny, I'm looking to repair/replace the ice maker in my Amana. Some coincidence. I'm hearing that there are generic ice makers that likely will fit any freezer compartment.

Just listening to all that work has made my muscles sore.

Funny, I'm looking to repair/replace the ice maker in my Amana. Some coincidence. I'm hearing that there are generic ice makers that likely will fit any freezer compartment.
True! and if you keep your coer it may fit th new unit, and no one can tell the brand name, and only the efficiency will tell anyone that you changed it. A couple of different water hook-ups and 2 or 3 power locations, but most are one sourced.

BTW, be sure to check that the external water valve has not failed. One manufacture used a poor valve and they built 5 bands of refrigerators. Over 50% failure rate. (as of 6 years ago.)

Thank you. Mine was out of service for some years. I hooked it back up, and got some hollow "cubes" (half moons), along with perfectly good "cubes" and then one day the bottom of the collection tray had a inch or so of ice in it. One solid piece. That's when I turned it off. But I can't get to that project until I finish rebuilding the kitchen. We put that ice maker back in service so we'd have ice while doing that kitchen. Sigh.

Ice trays work. Mostly. One out of six has already cracked and had to be discarded.

Navychop, If you buy those soft white plastic ice trays from Walmart, I have had mine now for several years, we keep eight of them in the freezer, four are for drinking and four are for my cooler. We have to filter water here, the water is very bad, but when I make ice, I use the filtered water. My other cooler had cans of soda and bottles of water, so I don't filter that water, see?

Anyway, these ice trays have lasted several years without any problems

Photto

Cold Band? Sounds like the (1) water valve may be plugged with deposits (2) drive/timer motor binding or bad. Both easy fixes / parts available. Ice build up usual means a.) not water on tray so never warms up on harvest - if it is frosted, b) water not shutting off because timer is sticking.

Navychop, If you buy those soft white plastic ice trays from Walmart, I have had mine now for several years, we keep eight of them in the freezer, four are for drinking and four are for my cooler. We have to filter water here, the water is very bad, but when I make ice, I use the filtered water. My other cooler had cans of soda and bottles of water, so I don't filter that water, see?

Anyway, these ice trays have lasted several years without any problems

Photto

Might have to do that, if this keeps up. Cheap blue plastic, now another one is already hitting the dust. We have a home distiller and make our ice tray cubes from that. The freezer ice maker gets filtered water.

Might have to do that, if this keeps up. Cheap blue plastic, now another one is already hitting the dust. We have a home distiller and make our ice tray cubes from that. The freezer ice maker gets filtered water.

Actually as inexpensive as these are that I use, they are a "Rubbermaid" produce, the white ones. I can say off the top of my head that we have been using these now for nearly three years after all others 'failed.'

I have 16 of them in my freezer. I know this sounds like a lot, but half of them are for cooling my drink cooler that I take to work every day (I go through a LOT of bottled water daily, remember, I'm in Arizona), and the other eight get used and refilled every couple of days here at home. Where the refrigerator is, there is no way to get a water line to it, so I use the freezer to freeze the ice, then dump that ice into the big tray that should be filled with the ice maker. Did that make sense?

Oh, and yes, I got them from Walmart (used to be "Wal*Mart) and they are around three dollars for a pack of four.

Photto

Wow, and all this time I was thinking this site was all about satellites. Guess I'll go over to the freezer section n chat with those guys about FTA satellites. LOL
Well it finally rained on our haying so we took the day off and went to the West Branch tractor show. (A little of the stop and smell the roses, don't cha know.)
I haven't done anything more about the satellite dish and receiver, except look on ebay for some newer model receivers. Still quite confusing. As I said before, this will be an on going project and I do appreciate all your suggestions.
Now, back to the ice cube thingys.....

Yes, reception was so much better back when ice cube trays were made out of metal! ;)

Well I do enjoy a good laugh and you guys seem to mix business and pleasure real well. Thanks for the roses...I don't get much time to stop but do enjoy the chance to smell them none the less.
We got over forty five hundred squares put away and even a few round bales too. Got more squares to do tomorrow and more rounds when the weather permits after that. Been keeping off the street corner and haven't even considered the worms I could be drowning. Haven't had a chance to think about what to do with the BUD. Guess I'll leave it standing where it's at and when I get the time I'll start asking stupid questions again. From the answers I got the first go round I figure that with a lot of your help and suggestions I can get a few channels worth watching and except for the initial out lay for a new receiver the TV viewing would be basically free.
There's always plenty to do around the farm and it will be a little time here and there to work on the BUD but hey...can't beat the price increases that the cable guy wants can ya. Thanks again for all your suggestions. I'll check back now and then and see what the topics are all about. Thanks.

No, it's not a waste of time or money.

If a girl can do it you certainly can. Go for it!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)